It looks like we've got a new award involving NFL Alumni called the NFL Alumni Team. The players on this team are selected through a voting process in which former players cast ballots for their "modern counterparts." Former pros vote only for the positions they once played themselves. NFL Alumni is a non-profit organization composed primarily of former NFL players who have joined to advocate for key issues affecting retired players such as medical, financial and career-transition needs while also supporting youth charities.
This year's team included our very own Patrick Willis. The team is not a full roster but consists of five offensive players, four defensive players, one special teams player, and one coach. The players and coach will be honored at a banquet in Hollywood, Florida where they'll receive their plaque from a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame who once played the same position. Maybe Samurai Mike will be there for Bamm Bamm.
The entire team is after the jump...
- Quarterback-Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints)
- Running Back-Chris Johnson (Tennessee Titans)
- Wide Receiver-Andre Johnson (Houston Texans)
- Tight End-Dallas Clark (Indianapolis Colts)
- Offensive Lineman-Steve Hutchinson (Minnesota Vikings)
- Defensive Lineman-Jared Allen (Minnesota Vikings)
- Pass Rusher-Elvis Dumervil (Denver Broncos)
- Linebacker-Patrick Willis (San Francisco 49ers)
- Defensive Back-Charles Woodson (Green Bay Packers)
- Special Teams Player-Joshua Cribbs (Cleveland Browns)
- Coach-Sean Payton (New Orleans Saints)