This is based off my opinion that the 9ers will want to draft a *potential* franchise QB in this year's QB heavy draft. Can't say I'm a huge fan of rookie QBs, but over the last couple years there has been some impressive young prospects...so in order to help our draft status we need other bad teams with QB issues to do well in case they draft before us! This really isn't in any specifc order...nor do I feel good about wanting the raiders or any other NFCW team to do well...
1) Ryan Fitzpatrick/Buffalo - Buff has a lot of holes to fill...could draft a number of positions of need
2) Jason Campbell or Bruce Gradkowski/Oakland - New England might have this pick, not certain
4) David Garrard/Jacksonville - another team with a lot of needs...2ndary is terrible
5) Colt McCoy/Cleveland - really needs a stud WR
6) Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen/Carolina - DeAngelo and Steve Smith could be gone...team has bigger needs than QB I hope
7) Max Hall/Arizona - QB is there #1 need in my opinion and they could draft before us
Those seem to be the teams that would consider a 1st round QB...I think the 9ers could end up with the 7-10th pick. There is also the possibility of trading up in the draft for any team...hopefully the new CBA will have slotted draft salaries (like the NBA) which could help prevent teams from trading up.
Last day of work...leaving for London tmrw...go 9ers! NFL is really showing off some studs with this 9ers/Broncos game!