Drew's note to the 49ers: Thanks, thanks a lot Niners... for the awesome Christmas present this afternoon. No really, you probably sealed Mike Singletary's fate this afternoon. So, with sincerity, good job!
Now on to business...
Earlier in the year, I put together a positional ranking post. And although it has not changed much as far as top 5's are concerned, I am going to list my top 5's draft eligible players at each position. These are my personal views based on multiple factors. Not everyone will agree with these, so for the sake of being empathetic to all of our pain, and how this season was a disaster, let's keep things civil.
On to the board...
1. Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford
2. Jake Locker - QB - Washington
3. Colin Kaepernick - QB - Nevada
4. Cam Newton - QB - Auburn
5. Pat Devlin - QB - Delaware
1. LaMichael James - RB - Oregon
2. Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama
3. DeMarco Murray - RB - Oklahoma
4. Kendall Hunter - RB - Oklahoma State
5. Noel Devine - RB - West Virginia
1. A.J. Green - WR - Georgia
2. Julio Jones - WR - Alabama
3. Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma State
4. Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma
5. Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami
1. D.J. Williams - TE - Arkansas
2. Mike McNeill - TE - Nebraska
3. Lance Kendricks - TE - Wisonsin
4. Luke Stocker - TE - Tennessee
5. Cameron Graham - TE - Louisville
1. Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State
2. Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin
3. Nate Solder - OT - Colorado
4. Marcus Cannon - OT - TCU
5. Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College
1. Rodney Hudson -OG - Florida State
2. Jason Pinkston - OG - Pittsburgh
3. Orlando Franklin - OG - Miami
4. Lee Ziemba - OG - Auburn
5. Stephen Schilling - OG - Michigan
1. Stefen Wisniewski - C - Penn State
2. Kristopher O'Dowd - C - USC
3. Tim Barnes - C - Missouri
4. Mike Pouncey - C - Florida
5. Zane Taylor -C - Utah
Defensive rankings will come later this evening or tomorrow. Feel free to start throwing out your top 5's on some of the defensive positions...
Also, don't forget to rec.