The NFL released the entire preseason schedule for the upcoming season today. The 49ers schedule is as follows:
|Preseason Week||Opponent||Network (time)|
|Week 1 (August 12-16)
|Week 2 (Sunday, August 22)||vs. Minnesota*||NBC (5 p.m. PT)|
|Week 3 (August 26-29)
|Week 4 (September 2-3)
||vs. San Diego||CBS-5|
The Raiders and Chargers remain annual occurrences, while Indianapolis and Minnesota replace Denver and Dallas. A victory over the Vikings in the preseason won't erase the sting of last season's heart-breaking loss, but it's better than nothing I suppose.
Given that the 49ers shouldn't have a QB competition this summer, we won't be focusing in on QB performance in those first two games. It will, of course, still be important, but it won't be live or die with each performance. Of course, watch David Carr turn this into a crazy competition.
I've posted some random tidbits about the 49ers four preseason opponents.
NOTABLES - 49ERS 2010 PRESEASON OPPONENTS
- This marks the first time that the 49ers and the Indianapolis Colts will meet in the preseason. The 49ers squared off against the Baltimore Colts in 1950. San Francisco defeated the Colts, 27-14, in Baltimore.
- Minnesota leads the all-time preseason series 3-2.
- The game is the first preseason matchup between the two teams in San Francisco.
- The first three games were all played at neutral sites (Portland - 1961 & 1963; Seattle - 1962; Salt Lake City - 1964).
- Oakland leads the all-time preseason series 19-18.
- This marks the 49ers 13th preseason game in Oakland, with the Raiders holding a 10-2 advantage at home.
- San Diego leads the all-time preseason series 20-18, including wins in the last 3 contests.
- This marks the 15th matchup in San Francisco, with the 49ers holding a 10-4 series lead at home.