For those wondering, we're going to 100 with the Big Board. I realize it's a lot of players, but given the short nature of the post, I like the idea of having a sizable list to view on Draft Day. The number of voters has dropped with each ballot, which is understandable, but hopefully some of you are still enjoying this. And again, due to the growing length of our list, I'll just post the 5 newest additions here and post the pre-existing players after the jump.
56. John Jerry, OG, MIssissippi (94 votes)
57. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma (85 votes)
58. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest (80 votes)
59. Daryl Washington, OLB, TCU (71 votes)
60. Joe McKnight, RB, USC (55 votes)
Any thoughts on John Jerry as a possible second round pick? Barrows had some interesting comments about Jerry and I'm curious what other folks think:
The 49ers hosted Ole Miss offensive lineman John Jerry on Sunday and Monday, according to Jerry's agent. Jerry - 6-6, 328 pounds - is intriguing because he is considered the second-best guard in the draft behind Idaho's Mike Iupati but also played tackle in college. Jerry was impressive at guard during Senior Bowl practices in January, and he also looked good when he bounced out to right tackle. He might be an option for the 49ers in the second round, especially if they don't draft a tackle in the first. My sense is the 49ers want a real mauler on the right side. Jerry is just that.
After the jump I've posted the new poll for spots 56-60. Thanks to Drew K for providing five more names.
1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
3. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
4. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
5. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
6. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
7. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
8. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
10. , OT, Rutgers
11. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
12. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
13. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
14. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
15. Taylor Mays, S, USC
16. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
17. Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
18. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
19. Charles Brown, OT, USC
20. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
21. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
22. Jahvid Best, RB, California
23. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
24. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
25. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
26. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
27. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
28. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
29. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
30. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
31. Nate Allen, S, South Florida
32. Roger Saffold, OT, Indiana
33. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.
34. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
35. Vladimir Ducasse, OG, Massachusetts
36. Jared Odrick, OT, Penn St.
37. Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB, Florida St.
38. Dexter McCluster, RB, Mississippi
39. Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
40. Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
41. Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
42. Everson Griffen, DE, USC
43. Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
44. Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
45. Brian Price, DT, UCLA
46. Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
47. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
48. Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
49. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
50. Chad Jones, S, LSU
51. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
52. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
53. Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
54. Tyson Alualu, DT, California
55. Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
First off, remember that you can use the scroll bar on the right side to see the last few names. They're in alphabetical order by last name.
In the end, how you vote is up to you, but just remember that this is a 49ers big board. Not a mock draft and not a big board that can be applied to every team. Use your own philosophy, but just pretend this would be going to the 49ers when we're done.
If you think an essential player is missing, double-check the list first.
In doing this community draft board, I’d like you to keep in mind a couple of things. I don’t want you ranking players based on where you think they’ll be drafted. I want you ranking them based on how they would fit the 49ers needs. The 49ers have a whole variety of needs, so this is not a simple task. The team doesn’t need a quarterback, but the team still has to rank Sam Bradford under this hypothetical: If the 49ers were the only team drafting and thus they had access to every player in the draft pool, who would you take first? If that player was gone, who would be their second choice?
The poll has closed for 61-65. Head over to vote on spots 66-70.