Since the offseason takes wayyyyy to long, it leaves a lot of time for pondering the possibilities. So in doing such pondering, I debate with myself which teams I would hope to avoid in the playoffs. This is my list of 6.
1. Green Bay: Aaron Rogers will forever be linked to the Niners in the "what might have been" catagory. He has also developed into a top 5 passer. After last years shootout against the Cards, the Pack have that playoff loss that can teach good teams how to avoid future playoff losses.
2. Dallas: This pick is based on years past, rather than on the upcoming season. As a Niner fan, you should know what I mean.
3. Arizona: I feel pretty good about the regular season, but if both teams happen to get in, I would worry about matching up w/the Cards. Coach Whiz and company can scheme their way to a win against a team they are familiar with.
4. Atlanta: We'll know this season if last years blowout was a fluke, but I think the Falcons create serious mis-match problems that can doom our playoff chances.
5. New York Jets: Providing We make it all the way to the Super Bowl, the Jets would be a serious challenge. Rex has them playing old-school ball, similar to what Sing has here, but I don't feel confident in our chances of playing 60 minutes of smash mouth against a smash mouth team.
6. New England: Tom Brady. I just want to say that again; Tom Brady.
Before anyone brings them up, I purposly left off the Saints, Vikings, and Colts, because I think we match up well against them. Plus, if we can use last season as an example, we are capable of playing with the Vikes and Colts, as long as we dont make the mistakes that caused us to lose to them on 09.