SB Nation released their latest 2011 NFL Mock Draft and once again Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara lands in the 49ers lap with the seventh overall pick. While Patrick Peterson leads the way in our 2011 49ers mock draft database, Brian Galliford holds steady with the belief that the royal one will end up with the 49ers:
7. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska. Another mock draft, and the same result for San Francisco. If a bigger name slides, the Niners may pounce depending on the position. If things break as they have here, Amukamara is a safe bet for Jim Harbaugh.
As has become consistent thus far, Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are in the top six, but Patrick Peterson is snagged by the Cardinals in this pick. They've already got Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but as Brian put it, Peterson would make a great complement to DRC. Let's hope the Cardinals don't recognize that in two weeks!
1. Carolina Panthers: Cameron Newton, QB
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, OLB
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert, QB
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB
6. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR
I've included a poll to satisfy my own curiosity more than anything else. It seems like most everybody wants Patrick Peterson, but a lot of folks recognize that the chances of arguably the best player in the NFL Draft falling to the 49ers are not all that great. I hope he does fall to number seven, but I'm not going to hold my breath for now. So, assuming nobody trades up into the top six picks, who ends up with PP?