Thanks to everybody that is voting for our 49ers community big board. We've got less than three weeks until the 2011 NFL Draft and here are players 31-35. I've posted the full list after the jump and will continue updating the list after the jump of each post:
Christian Ponder and Ryan Mallett popped to the top of the list fairly quickly, which doesn't really surprise me at this point. There are still some guys I've been voting for that aren't getting into the top five votes and I'll keep on voting for them. Are any of the remaining poll options surprising you that they're not in our Big Board yet?
If you have a player you think belongs in the available voting options for the next poll, please mention that person in the comments. After the jump, I've posted a few pointers on the vote and the poll for spots 31-35. The primary thing to keep in mind is that you're making your selections based on how you think the 49ers should order their own big board. You can go best player available, need, value, character concerns, or any combination of those. Again, please just vote once. But do vote, because the more people that vote, the more accurate the representation will be of the community as a whole.
1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
3. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
4. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
5. Robert Quinn, OLB, UNC
6. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
7. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
8. Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
9. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
10. Cameron Jordan, DE, California
11. J.J. Watt, Wisconsin, DE
12. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
13. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
14. Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
15. Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
16. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
17. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
18. Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
19. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
20. Mike Pouncey, C, Florida
21. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
22. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
23. Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
24. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
25. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
26. Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
27. Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
28. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
29. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
30. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
31. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
32. Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
33. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
34. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
35. Cory Liuget, DT, Illinois
First off, remember that you can use the scroll bar on the right side to see the last few names. They're in alphabetical order by last name.
I realize I've probably left out players you might like, but given that we're looking at spots 36-40, I think I've included most, if not all, of the important names. I've pulled from Scouts Inc rankings for now and can only pull 25 at a time. We'll be doing this poll every day so we'll be adding five new players every day. If you have specific players you think should be added for the next poll, please mention them in the comments.
In the end, how you vote is up to you, but just remember that this is a 49ers big board. Not a mock draft and not a big board that can be applied to every team. Use your own philosophy, but just pretend this would be going to the 49ers when we're done.