Over the last week and a half, nocal81(Vincent) took some time to break down the top six teams 2011 NFL Draft needs and help us develop a community mock draft for those picks. As Vincent went through each pick we had a community vote on who the given team would select. In this mock, Patrick Peterson would slip all the way to the 49ers, which has me wondering how much people were influenced in their voting.
1. Carolina Panthers: QB Cam Newton (56%)
2. Denver Broncos: DL Marcell Dareus (69%)
3. Buffalo Bills: DE/OLB Von Miller (57%)
4. Cincinnati Bengals: WR A.J. Green (51%)
5. Arizona Cardinals: QB Blaine Gabbert (58%)
6. Cleveland Browns: WR Julio Jones (42%)
In the Cleveland vote, Peterson finished with 32% of the vote, so he wasn't too far behind Jones. It seems that if the 49ers are going to get lucky and see Peterson slide to seven, they'll need two quarterbacks and either two wide receivers or two defensive linemen (counting Miller as an OLB) going in that top six. Otherwise, I continue to temper my expectations and call it a pipe dream. Hopefully I'm wrong and Peterson slides. Of course, this does not factor in possible trades, including the potential for the 49ers to move up a couple spots if they really want Peterson.