The 49ers are approximately 2 1/2 point favorites over the New York Giants and will look to continue their solid 7-0-1 run against the spread. The spread is the first time in the last ten seasons that a conference championship game favorite is favored by less than a field goal. The 49ers and Giants have some fun postseason history, with two amazing games in 1991 and 2003, so we'll see if the teams will live up to those previous results.
The folks at Bovada released a variety of odds yesterday and the 49ers and Giants are both 3/1 odds to win the Super Bowl. The Patriots lead the way at 6/5 and the Ravens are at 6/1. That is quite a bit of confidence in the Patriots offense making up for a lackluster (at best) defense. They did work against the Broncos on Saturday, but I don't think that would hold up against more complete teams. I think either the 49ers OR Giants could match up well with the Patriots. The early line has the AFC as a 2 1/2 favorite, although matchups would potentially lead to adjustments.
It is interesting to note that although the 49ers and Giants have the same odds to win the Super Bowl, the odds are at 6/5 for a 49ers-Patriots Super Bowl and 9/5 for a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl. HarBowl 2 is set at 9/2, with a Giants-Ravens matchup at 13/2.
After the jump we've got a few odds and ends as they relate to 49ers-Giants and the odds...
- San Francisco is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Francisco's last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games at home
- San Francisco is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- San Francisco is 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing NY Giants
- San Francisco is 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing NY Giants
- San Francisco is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against NY Giants
- NY Giants are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Giants last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Giants last 5 games on the road
- NY Giants are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- NY Giants are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing San Francisco
- NY Giants are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against San Francisco