Obviously this is subject to change, but this is my pre-combine and free agency mock draft hope you enjoy. And hope it gets you talking. And for all those who wonder YES mock drafts are for fun, we put them together for something to do in the off season, as well as trying to see how our judge of talent is.
- Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
I think this is a no brainer. Luck should be able to come right in and run the Colts system. He is a similar QB to Peyton Manning with alot more athleticism. And yes, I think Peyton's time is over in Indianapolis.
- Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
TRADE! I know there are other teams that would like to move up here, but I think unless it's a monster deal St. Louis won't move further back then 4 so they can still get Blackmon. (I see them giving up the 4th pick and their 2nd round pick to move up 2 spots. I think they know the Vikings would love to trade out of the 3rd pick so they need to make sure they don't miss out on RG3.)
- Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
I think Minnesota wants to trade this pick but unless St. Louis stays put and picks Blackmon at 2 then they are stuck with this pick. And by the way, not to bad to be stuck with the best LT to come out in the last few years.
- St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
From the Cleveland Browns. The Rams traded for Lloyd but he has said he will follow McDaniels, if possible. So the Rams will be in need of a playmaker on the outside yet again.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Talib is going to jail and Barber is getting old and might just retire, so they need an answer at CB badly.
- Washington Redskins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
There is not a top 10 talent here at one of the Redskins needs, so unless they wanna reach on a QB like Tannehill they will take the best player available.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
The Jaguars need a WR badly and they have proven the will reach for needs. This will give Gabbert a big time target and help him develop.
- Miami Dolphins: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
Coples will be a perfect fit in the Dolphins new 4-3 defense. Him and Wake coming off the edge will really help them and make this a d-line to be feared for a long time.
- Carolina Panthers: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
This is a reach but I see this as a must for the Panthers who if they follow what Rivera said will be switching to a 3-4 defense this year. And on top of that considering they have to play Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa Bay twice a year. They need to get pressure and a lot of it.
- Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
This is another best player available pick and it is also one of their needs. I know they want a pass rusher here but it might be too much of a reach for Mercilus.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
With Richardson sitting out there its hard not to take him since he will by far and away be the highest player on their boards and with Thomas Jones aging they need another HB to split carries with Charles in this new era of two back systems.
- Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Unless they get a QB in free agency I see Carroll going after a QB somewhere in this draft.
- Arizona Cardinals: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
Arizona has alot of needs and the offensive line is a big one. Adams turned alot of heads at the senior bowl and I think the Cardinals were watching!
- Dallas Cowboys: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
The Cowboys need to keep Romo up right to even have and chance in that division. With the pressure the Eagle and Giants can bring, this will go along way to helping them secure that offensive line.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
MLB is a major need for the Philadelphia Eagles. They struggled against the run and in order to run that wide 9 d-line they need a middle linebacker who can go from sideline to sideline. Kuechly might be that piece to the puzzle that was missing from "The Dream Team"
- New York Jets: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
One of the big reason the Jets struggled last year was a lack of pressure on the QB. And that is something that this Jets team needs to play the way that want to. And Ingram sets the edge and plays well against the run aswell.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Clements is aging and they need to upgrade that position.
- San Diego Chargers: Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn State
The Chargers want an outside pass rusher here but Still will take up double teams giving their LBs the ability to fly around and get more one on ones in pass rush situations.
- Chicago Bears: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
Cutler needs some help and Sanu will give him a big target with great hands. And with the Lions and Packers being able to put up points at will, they need all the fire power they can get.
- Tennessee Titans: Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
Whitney Mercilus is a really good fit for the Titans. Who need an upgrade on their D-line after losing Babin in free agency last year.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
The Bengals need someone behind Benson. And this gives them a great one two punch.
- Cleveland Browns: Kendall Wright, WR/KR, Baylor
They traded away the pick that selected Julio Jones last year and look for them to take a WR with the pick they got for it. This is a no brainer, especially since I have them moving up to get Wright's teammate at Baylor RG3.
- Detroit Lions: Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
The Lions could use some help against the run and with Browns speed and athleticism he should give them that. And with the line the Lions have he should be free to fly around.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
With Farrior getting up there in age look for them to restock that LB core.
- Denver Broncos: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
The Wolverine Brian Dawkins can't play forever. And after what happen to that secondary when he got hurt towards the end of the year, SS is gonna be high on their list of needs.
- Houston Texans: Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
The Texans need help at the RG position and given the versatility Glenn showed at the Senior bowl he is a great value at 26.
- New England Patriots: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
If they don't trade these two picks they have in the first round I see them getting younger on the defensive line.
- Green Bay Packers: Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
Green Bay needs a better pass rush to help out that secondary. Teams are just sliding to Mathew's side. This will give them a great young rush OLB tandem.
- Baltimore Ravens: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Burfict will be Ray Lewis's replacement and I think Burfict getting some time under Ray will help him out alot on and off the field.
- San Francisco 49ers: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
The 49ers are in great need of a big time WR and I think they have the locker room to handle Jeffery. Considering what Davis went through he can really show Jeffery the right way!
- New York Giants: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
While NY has amazing DEs they do need a DT to help with run support. Plus, he is the top player on the board, so I don't see how New York could pass on him.
- New England Patriots: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
The Patriots are bound to trade this pick like I said earlier, but if not I see them going after one of the better pass rushing DE in this draft.