We break down some of the latest SB Nation United updates for the site.
The development of SB Nation United included the implementation of a full-time team devoted to providing a continual stream of improvements to the site. As I've said from Day 1, the launch of SB Nation United was not the end of the development process, but really more like the beginning. We have had numerous updates and a new batch were rolled out earlier this morning (Thursday, 10/18).
Here are some of the pertinent updates:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage (for example, when I posted an article from Turf Show Times a couple weeks back, this indicator (an author byline) will tell you the article is coming from there, instead of the previous look where you thought it was an NN article)
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
If you have any questions about any of these improvements let me know. And yes, there are more adjustments in the pipeline, focusing on more of the suggestions by users around the network. The United team can't make every potential change at once, but hopefully this continues to show that they are listening to suggestions and making improvements to improve your experience around the network.