This last week was a bit re-affirming for me, if I may say so myself. The top 16 teams from last week had only three loses (with one team - the Steelers - having a bye). Conversely, only three teams on the bottom of the list had wins (again, with the Colts having a bye week).
As such, there isn't too much in the way of change from last week to this week. I mean, there are minor changes, but by and large, much has stayed the same.
Anyway, on to the rankings!
1) Houston Texans (Last Week: 1; 4-0): To be perfectly honest, I'm really glad that the Texans have become the medias newest "most complete team" in the NFL. That's fine with me. It lets us fly under the radar.
2) Atlanta Falcons (LW: 2; 4-0): If we only went by this season as evidence. I would have to say that the 49ers' biggest threat to NFC seeding would be the Falcons - and I think we can take them.
3) Baltimore Ravens (LW: 3; 3-1): It's going to be pretty cool to watch the Ravens and the Texans duke it out over the course of the season. Even though the AFC is weaker than the NFC (in my humble opinion), there are a few awesome games in store (especially for the playoffs).
4) San Francisco 49ers (LW: 4; 3-1): I was sorely tempted to jump the 49ers up to three after this last trouncing of the Jets. But, let's be honest, it was the Jets...
5) New England Patriots (LW: 8; 2-2): I was actually rooting for the Bills this last week, but once the Patriots got on a role, it was a really impressive game to watch.
6) Chicago Bears (LW: 9; 3-1): I bet the Bears wish they could face the Cowboys every week. And if they did, they might go undefeated if the last game were any indication.
7) New York Giants (LW: 5; 2-2): Do the Giants deserve to be this high? Probably not, but they are better than the Cardinals, I'm not so high on the Eagles, and the Packers almost lost to the lowly Saints.
8) Arizona Cardinals (LW: 6; 4-0): Even though they won, the Cardinals fall a couple spots. You can't beat the Dolphins in overtime and expect me to not drop you.
9) Green Bay Packers (LW: 7; 2-2): Until the Packers fix some glaring weaknesses, they will not be the dominant team almost everybody thought they were.
10) Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 10; 3-1): Am I the only one who isn't that inspired by Mr. Vick? I'm just not seeing these wins as sustainable.
11) San Diego Chargers (LW: 13; 3-1): The Chargers bounced back from a rough defeat incredibly well. In an odd way, their season has followed a similar narrative to ours.
12) Denver Broncos (LW: 15; 2-2): I put the Broncos right below the Chargers this week because I think this will be a close division race. A quite interesting one too.
13) Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 16; 3-1): Is it just me, or does this team feel like it is on the cusp of become an elite team in the NFL over the next couple of years.
14) Pittsburgh Steelers (Bye Week): If I were the Steelers, I would probably be mad that the bye is so early. It's an older team and will probably need the rest more later in the season.
15) Dallas Cowboys (LW: 12; 2-2): ALL THE INTERCEPTIONS!
16) Minnesota Vikings (LW: 20; 3-1): Look who is tied atop the the NFC North? In all honesty, I'm totally pulling for the Vikings - a couple of weeks ago not withstanding.
17) Seattle Seahawks (LW: 11; 2-2): Lose to the Rams; drop seven spots. It's just math, baby.
18) Buffalo Bills (LW: 18; 2-2): This team just cannot capitalize. Even though the score doesn't show it, this game was actually pretty close for a while.
19) Detroit Lions (LW: 18; 1-3): Our victory against the Lions is starting to look less and less impressive.
20) St. Louis Rams (LW: 22; 2-2): And with that victory, the Rams have joined the rest of the NFC West, making it a particularly good division this year.
21) Washington Redskins (LW: 23; 2-2): I can't seem to make up my mind about this team. Based on their rankings, I clearly think of them as one of the lesser teams in the NFL. There's always a part of me, though, that wants to rank them higher.
22) New York Jets (LW: 19; 2-2): I shan't deny my amusement at beating the Jets. It felt good to humiliate ESPN's love.
23) Carolina Panthers (LW: 21; 1-3): Too bad Cam Newton can't play defense. Then he could win all the games. /media'd
24) Oakland Raiders (LW: 24; 1-3): Speaking of Oakland: congrats to the A's. That's really awesome. Also, that's all that's worth talking about from the realm of Oakland sports.
25) Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 25; 1-3): The Chiefs took a beating and deserve to drop in the rankings. That said, I want to drop the Saints even lower, so the Chiefs benefit.
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 26; 1-3): To be honest, the same thing goes for the Bucs as does the Chiefs.
28) Miami Dolphins (LW: 30; 1-3): The Dolphins jump up two spots so that the Saints can go down and the bye week Colts can stay at 29.
29) Indianapolis Colts (Bye Week): Have a bye week; stay in the same place in my rankings.
30) New Orleans Saints (LW: 27; 0-4): I sort of wish that the Saints keep losing and the Browns win so that I could put the former in last place. That would make me oh so giddy.
31) Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 31; 1-3): Hey, at least they have one victory to be happy about...
32) Cleveland Browns (LW: 32; 0-4): ...unlike the last place Browns.