As we know, the first two selections in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins are pretty set in stone. However, there's been quite a bit of uncertainty starting directly following the second pick, with the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings could go in three different directions; four if you include trading back.
And with this uncertainty could come a chain reaction to follow. For this piece, I am going to present a mock draft of the entire first round, with picks in a lot of places we haven't seen them before. This is because draft surprises happen annually; the first time I heard Aldon Smith connected with the 49ers was when they called his name on draft day.
This mock will not be asinine in regards to the team picking the player, but definitely not identical to all of the other carbon copy mock drafts out there. And for all we know, this could very well be how the first round just happens to fall after Griffin is taken at No. 2.
I apologize if you find San Francisco's pick boring in accordance with the rest of the unorthodox picks.
1. Andrew Luck, QB - Indianapolis Colts
2. Robert Griffin III, QB - Washington Redskins
3. Morris Claiborne, CB - Minnesota Vikings
11. Ryan Tannehill, QB - Kansas City
13. Donatri Poe, DL - Arizona Cardinals
18. Jonathan Martin, OL - San Diego Chargers
21. Mark Barron, S - Cincinnati Bengals
22. Stephen Hill, WR - Cleveland Browns
23. David Wilson, RB - Detroit Lions
31. Kendall Reyes, DL - New England Patriots
Follow me on Twitter: @DeSimone80