A day after announcing Fan Fest tickets would go on sale this Thursday, the 49ers announced the tickets will go on sale at 2:00pm PT on Thursday. The tickets are $5 for anybody 13 and older with the money going to charity. Kids 12 and under get in for free.
49ers Fan Fest will take place on August 12 at Candlestick Park from 11:30am to 4:30pm. Due to construction in Santa Clara, this will mark the only opportunity to observe a 49ers practice. Normally the team offers several open practices in Santa Clara, but that is not possible this year. So, if you want to check out a 49ers practice, head over to Fan Fest on August 12. I've posted a few of the activities scheduled to take place. It is worth noting that parking will be free at Candlestick that day.
I'll follow up as we get closer, but if you plan on heading to Fan Fest, give me a heads-up. If you take pictures at the event, we can put together a FanPost for people to post their pictures from the day.
- The Grand Plaza will host food trucks, live music, a sports bar and various 49ers partner booths.
- New 49ers merchandise.
- A chance to see the five 49ers Super Bowl trophies, Super Bowl Rings and other rare memorabilia in the 49ersMuseum.
- Kids can participate in games and drills to test their skills in the Kids Club area.
- Meet the 2012 49ers Gold Rush team and 49ers Alumni.
- The day will conclude with Coach Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers conducting a practice followed by an autograph session on the Candlestick Park field.