The draft is still 71 days away, and we're in the dead period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft Combine. But for those of us who like to say "I had that FIRST!" it's fun to make bold predictions about the NFL Draft even if they end up looking ridiculous. And since there's nothing (except perhaps credibility) at stake, it's also a good way to test out our opinions and to become familiar with prospects we haven't heard of yet.
So here are 10 Pre-Combine Bold predictions for the 2013 Draft:
- A Wide Receiver will be drafted in the top 10
- Texas Safety Sonny Vaccaro will be drafted in the top 15
- USC QB Matt Barkley will be drafted in the 1st round
- WVU QB Geno Smith will be drafted in the top 5 picks
- UCLA Defensive Lineman Datone Jones will be drafted in the 1st round
- At least 10 defensive linemen will be drafted in the 1st round
- Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o will be drafted before #25 overall, and will be the 1st ILB taken.
- Precisely one running back will be drafted in the 1st round
- The Chiefs will take Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel with the 1st pick of the Draft
- The 49ers will trade the 31st pick
So those are my predictions (yes, some are more bold than others). What are yours?
Which bold prediction seems most ridiculous to you?
1 (1 vote)
2 (2 votes)
3 (7 votes)
4 (3 votes)
5 (1 vote)
6 (2 votes)
7 (5 votes)
8 (5 votes)
9 (1 vote)
10 (6 votes)
I dunno, they all look pretty tame to me... (8 votes)
41 total votes