Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE
We take a look at the current state of the 49ers 2013 NFL Draft picks.
The NFL officially announced the seven round draft order, although we do not have compensatory picks included yet. The NFL will announce compensatory picks in March, but for now, here are the 49ers 11 draft picks. The picks with no content after the overall number are the 49ers own picks:
1. First round, No. 31 (No. 31 overall)
2. Second round, No. 31 (No. 61 overall)
3. Third round, No. 12 (No. 74 overall): Carolina Panthers via 2012 Draft trade
4. Third round, No 31 (No. 93 overall)
5. Fourth round, No. 31 (TBA)
6. Fifth round, No. 24 (TBA): Indianapolis Colts via 2012 Draft trade
7. Fifth round, No. 31 (TBA)
8. Sixth round, No. 12 (TBA): Miami Dolphins via 2012 Draft trade
9. Sixth round, No. 31 (TBA)
10. Seventh round, No. 21 (TBA): Cincinnati Bengals via Taylor Mays trade
11. Seventh round, No. 31, (TBA)
Compensation picks start in the third round and last through the seventh round. The 49ers are expecting two seventh round comp picks, and one comp pick in the third or fourth round. This will give them a likely league-high 14 picks in the April Draft.
As it currently stands, the 49ers lead the NFL with 11 picks. The NFC West has a solid mix of quality and quantity in April, which could help the surging division make even bigger inroads in 2013. The Seahawks are second right now with ten overall picks. The St. Louis Rams have eight picks, but more importantly, they are the only team with multiple first round picks. Although RGIII might have done some big things for them, adding extra picks in the 2013 and 2014 NFL Drafts puts them in a position to do some serious damage.