At long last, we've made it to the end of the community mock draft. We have reached pick number thirty in the second round, No. 62 overall in the 2013 Niners Nation NFL mock draft. Huge thanks to all the community members who took part, and helped keep this process incredibly smooth.
The Baltimore Ravens are on the clock with their final pick. GM dave.bocchino is back for the final pick of this two round mock. With the sixty-second pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Ravens select Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida.
Explanation: After selecting University of Florida's Matt Elam in Round One and now Bostic, most people might assume I have a crush on the Gators. Truth is, Minter went five picks earlier and I think Bostic is a far better player than any of the remaining inside linebackers in this draft. After doing my research, I want this guy and I don't think he'd slip all the way to the end of round three -- or at least it's not a chance I'd be willing to take. Like Baalke always says, "If he pans out the way you expect him to, no one will consider it a reach two or three years from now."
This is a guy with next level speed. Not only does he go from sideline to sideline but he's a sure tackler with a knack for causing turnovers. Lining up between the veteran help of Dumervil and Suggs, he is exactly the type of guy you can rely on to hold down the middle. Take a look at a highlight reel and you'll see why I ranked this guy above Khaseem Greene and Sio Moore.
*Depending on which season the highlight is from, he's either #1 or #52.
*He even chases down a WR from behind near the (1:00) mark. Now that's hustle.
In addition to his solid play at Florida, he apparently had one heck of a Pro Day which has him climbing up NFL team draft boards from a possible fourth rounder to a Day Two pick.
Now that I've shored up the two glaring needs on defense (SS, ILB), I feel a solid receiver will be available towards the end of round three. Here I would look for someone like Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, or Robert Woods.
Trevor Woods: You could call this pick a reach, but Bostic is the best ILB available, and the Ravens need to fill this position. Bostic is a hard hitter who packs a punch, and has speed to go along with it as well. Bostic can play sideline to sideline and takes good angles to get to the ball carrier. Right out of the gate Bostic should be a capable run defender ready to contribute to an NFL defense. Bostic is versatile and can play special teams as well, something John Harbaugh values very much.
Nick Chiamardas: I like Bostic and think he'll have a solid career in the NFL. He's quick enough to cover RBs and TEs and physical enough against the run. He's also a vocal leader on defense, something the Ravens will miss after Ray Lewis' retirement. I think grabbing someone like Quinton Patton or Robert Woods at this spot would have been tough to pass up but Dave makes a good argument as to why taking Bostic this early is smart.
Niners Nation Mock Draft, Round 1
- Kansas City Chiefs -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah [Explanation]
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia [Explanation]
- Oakland Raiders -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon [Explanation]
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M [Explanation]
- Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan [Explanation]
- Cleveland Browns -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama [Explanation]
- Arizona Cardinals -- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas [Explanation]
- Buffalo Bills -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU [Explanation]
- New York Jets -- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama [Explanation]
- Tennessee Titans -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida [Explanation]
- San Diego Chargers -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma [Explanation]
- Miami Dolphins -- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina [Explanation]
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State [Explanation]
- Carolina Panthers -- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee [Explanation]
- New Orleans Saints -- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU [Explanation]
- St. Louis Rams -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri [Explanation]
- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia [Explanation]
- Dallas Cowboys -- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama [Explanation]
- New York Giants -- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia [Explanation]
- Chicago Bears -- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia [Explanation]
- Cincinnati Bengals -- Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State [Explanation]
- St. Louis Rams -- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson [Explanation]
- Minnesota Vikings -- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal [Explanation]
- Indianapolis Colts -- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA [Explanation]
- Minnesota Vikings -- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington [Explanation]
- Green Bay Packers -- Damontre Moore, DE/OLB [Explanation]
- Houston Texans -- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee [Explanation]
- Denver Broncos -- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State [Explanation]
- New England Patriots -- Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist [Explanation]
- Atlanta Falcons -- Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State [Explanation]
- San Francisco 49ers -- Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International [Explanation]
- Baltimore Ravens -- Matt Elam, S, Florida [Explanation]
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas [Explanation]
- San Francisco 49ers -- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State [Explanation]
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Kyle Long, OL, Oregon [Explanation]
- Detroit Lions -- Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State [Explanation]
- Cincinnati Bengals -- D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina [Explanation]
- Arizona Cardinals -- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame [Explanation]
- New York Jets -- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford [Explanation]
- Tennessee Titans -- Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut [Explanation]
- Buffalo Bills -- Matt Barkley, QB, USC [Explanation]
- Miami Dolphins -- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State [Explanation]
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State [Explanation]
- Carolina Panthers -- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina [Explanation]
- San Diego Chargers -- Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia [Explanation]
- St. Louis Rams -- Eric Reid, S, LSU [Explanation]
- Dallas Cowboys -- Barrett Jones, C, Alabama [Explanation]
- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama [Explanation]
- New York Giants -- Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State [Explanation]
- Chicago Bears -- Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame [Explanation]
- Washington Redskins -- Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State [Explanation]
- Minnesota Vikings -- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama [Explanation]
- Cincinnati Bengals -- Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina [Explanation]
- Miami Dolphins -- Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA [Explanation]
- Green Bay Packers -- T.J. McDonald, S, USC [Explanation]
- Seattle Seahawks -- Kawann Short, DT, Purdue [Explanation]
- Houston Texans -- Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU [Explanation]
- Denver Broncos -- Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin [Explanation]
- New England Patriots -- D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston [Explanation]
- Atlanta Falcons -- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State [Explanation]
- San Francisco 49ers -- Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia [Explanation]
- Baltimore Ravens -- Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida