The 2013 Niners Nation NFL mock draft is up to pick No. 10. The Tennessee Titans are on the clock and their GM here at NIners Nation is leftcoastlivin. With the tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Sharrif Floyd, defensive tackle, Florida.
Explanation: Titans had plenty of direction to go with this pick. They easily could have drafted local favorite Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson and had a monster trio of playmakers with Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. That can be nightmare matchups everywhere and the more I write this, the more I think I should have went that route but two drafts in a row drafting a WR, this is not the Detroit Lions.
Another option was to go with OG Jonathan Cooper. 10 is probably too high for a Guard and until the Jets selected Warmack the most recent Guard taken this high was in 2010 when Iupati was selected 17th overall. Add in the Titans paid big money to FA Andy Levitre and you can see why they pass on Cooper.
Finally we get to the player that somehow fell all the way to No. 10: Shariff Floyd. Titans will feel they hit the jackpot by having arguably the best DL prospect in this draft fall to them. Floyd is versatile to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 and if Titans stay committed to the 4-3 and add Floyd to a rotation of Sammie Lee Hill and Jurell Casey then big production can come from DE's Wimbley and Morgan. Titans defense will improve and they can become factors in AFC South.
Trevor Woods: Floyd falls to tenth, very surprising, but his fall ends with the Titans getting the biggest steal of the draft thus far. I have Floyd going in the Top 3 selections on draft day, and highly doubt he makes it this far when the real draft happens. This isn't only drafting the best pick still available, this pick also fills a need for the Titans at the same time.
Nick Chiamardas: There is little doubt the Titans will be looking at DT with the 10th pick. This is an absolute perfect fit. Floyd is my number one overall prospect and the Titans strike gold here. Floyd is a wonderful fit for the Titans 4-3 defense as it will allow him to play the 3-technique where he can utilize his pass rushing skills to wreak havoc in the backfield. The Titans haven't had anyone anchor the line like Floyd will since Albert Haynesworth.
Niners Nation Mock Draft, Round 1
- Kansas City Chiefs -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah [Explanation]
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia [Explanation]
- Oakland Raiders -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon [Explanation]
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M [Explanation]
- Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan [Explanation]
- Cleveland Browns -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama [Explanation]
- Arizona Cardinals -- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas [Explanation]
- Buffalo Bills -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU [Explanation]
- New York Jets -- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama [Explanation]
- Tennessee Titans -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida