The San Francisco 49ers face the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 2 of the preseason at Arrowhead Stadium tonight. Plenty of you are wondering how to watch the game since we have a sizable contingent of fans outside the Bay Area and the general 49ers viewing region. While quite a few regular season 49ers games will be broadcast on national television, three of the four preseason games are only telecast locally. The 49ers-Vikings Week 3 matchup will be broadcast nationally as the NBC Sunday Night Football matchup.
For today's game against the Chiefs, you have a few options for watching the game. If you are living in the Bay Area, Southern California and parts of Oregon and Nevade, the game will be broadcast for you. If you live outside these regions and the Chiefs television region, you have two specific options:
1. Live online stream - For $14.99, you can purchase access to all preseason action via NFL.com's Preseason Live. This allows you to watch games live, and on replay. The price was knocked down from $19.99 because Week 1 of the preseason is complete. However, you can go back and watch Week 1 games through Preseason live.
2. NFL Network replay - NFL Network re-broadcasts various preseason games in the days following the initial live broadcast. This week's 49ers-Chiefs game will be re-broadcast on NFL Network on the following days and times (all times Pacific):
- Saturday, August 17 - 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, August 19 - 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 20 - 5:00 p.m.