"We don't always trade undesirables, but when we do, we send them to the Chiefs!"
Wow! So who saw this move coming so soon? CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers have traded the much criticized A.J. Jenkins to the Kansas City Chiefs for receiver Jon Baldwin, who has been a disappointment himself in KC, so what does all this mean?
Well, both sides can walk away saying, 'He's THEIR problem now!' But who knows, maybe a change of scenery will help these guys get their act together because it sure wasn't happening where they were.
As for what this trade means to the 49ers organization, you can deduce a few things:
- Harbaalke missed on reaching for AJJ in last year's draft - BIG TIME
- The 49ers FO will not tolerate an egregious lack of performance
- Jon Baldwin may not be much better (he drops a lot of balls)
- Look for more double tight-end sets this season (lack of WR depth)
- Hope that WRs Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams return to pre-injury form
- Revise scouting procedures for drafting WRs going forward (i.e. can he beat press coverage?)
- It's okay to draft the most obvious guy (e.g. Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, etc.)
S now that we can move past the AJJ debate, I'm going to celebrate with a beer.