Welcome back to the NFL! The 49ers 2013 season is about to get underway, and I forgot about the prospector's guide! For those who are new to the site since last season, the 49ers produce a weekly game release that includes all sorts of random tidbits related to the game. Each week, we'll include the series highlights, notable performances 49ers players have had against that week's opponent, and a look at the team stat comparisons to date. The 49ers removed the coaching and player connections between the team, but I think we'll survive.
One of the more interesting random facts of Sunday's game is that it is the first time Nnamdi Asomugha will square off against Aaron Rodgers. Vic Fangio indicated that Nnamdi would get a decent amount of work against Jordy Nelson. I'd imagine Nnamdi will see several of the Packers receivers. The Packers would be foolish not to send speedy Randall Cobb out to that side of the field on occasion. Nnamdi can get physical on the line, but if Cobb can get him moving down the field, that could give Cobb an edge against the older Nnamdi.
On to the random information you crave!
Series record: Packers lead series 34-28-1
49ers home record vs. Packers: 49ers lead series 17-11-1
First Meeting: 11/26/50, Packers win 25-21, at GB
Last Meeting: 1/12/13, 49ers win 45-31, at SF (d)
Current Streak: Won 2
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 7 (12/10/50 - 12/5/54)
Longest Packers Win Streak: 8 (11/29/99 - 12/5/10)
Most 49ers Points: 48 - 2 times (Last 12/7/58), 48-21, at SF
Most Packers Points: 41 (10/23/60): Packers win 41-14, at GB
49ers Shutouts: 1 (12/5/54), 35-0, at SF
Packers Shutouts: 2 (Last 11/19/67), Packers win 13-0, at GB (d) - NFC Divisional Playoff
- As a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he had 5 recepts. for 99 yds. at GB (9/21/03).
- Registered his 1st career INT, picking off Packers QB Aaron Rod- gers in the 4th qtr. at GB (9/9/12).
In his first start as a 49er, registered 2.0 sacks at GB (12/5/10). It marked his first multi-sack game of the season and 2nd of his career [3.0 sacks vs. Arz. (12/14/09)].
Brought down Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on the final drive of the game at GB (9/9/12), tallying his 21st career sack.
Recorded a career-high 8 tackles at GB (11/22/09).
Registered an INT, picking off Packers QB Aaron Rodgers in the 2nd qtr. vs. GB (1/12/13) (NFC-D) and returned it 39 yds. The INT led to a 20-yd. TD pass from QB Colin Kaepernick connected to WR Michael Crabtree.
In 5 career games against GB, has notched 17 recepts. for 395 yds. and 4 TDs.
He has registered a TD in all 4 regular-season games against Green Bay.
Hauled in 3 recepts. for 74 yds., including a 53 yd. TD recept. vs. GB (12/10/06).
Tallied 6 recepts. for 108 yds. and 1 TD at GB (11/22/09).
Registered 4 recepts. for a career-high 126 yds. and 1 TD at GB (12/5/10).
Tallied 3 recepts. for 43 yds. and 1 TD at GB (9/9/12), marking his 36th career TD.
- Rushed for 130 yds. on 18 atts. and 1 TD vs. GB (12/10/06).
- Became the 5th player in franchise history to eclipse 5,000 career rus. yds. with a 42-yd. run on his first carry of the game at GB (11/22/09).
- Rushed for 112 yds. and 1 TD on 16 carries (7.0 avg.) at GB (9/9/12), marking his 30th career 100-yd. game. Gore also became the first 49er to rush for over 100 yds. on opening day since RB Garrison Hearst rushed for 187 yds. vs. NYJ (9/6/98).
- Rushed for 119 yds. and 1 TD on 23 carries vs. GB (1/12/13) (NFC- D). Also had 2 recepts. for 48 yds.
- In his first career postseason start, set the NFL single-game rushing record by a QB with 181 rushing yds. and 2 TDs on 16 carries vs. GB (1/12/13) (NFC-D). He also completed 17 of 31 atts. for 263 yds., 2 TDs and 1 INT.
- Registered his 1st career sack on a 3rd down play in the 1st qtr. at GB (9/9/12).
Notched his 15th career sack at GB (9/9/12), bringing down Packers QB Aaron Rodgers in the 1st qtr.
Forced a fumble vs. GB (1/12/13) (NFC-D), bringing down Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, marking first-career postseason FF.
- Recovered a muffed punt at the Packers 9-yd. line vs. GB (1/12/13) (NFC-D). Three plays later, QB Colin Kaepernick found WR Michael Crabtree for a 12-yd. TD pass.
|49ERS (rank)||PACKERS (rank)|
|11-4-1 (1st NFCW)||Record||11-5 (1ST NFCN)|
|24.8 (11th)||Points per game||27.1 (5th)|
|361.8 (11th)||Total Offense||359.4 (13th)|
|155.7 (4th)||Rushing Offense||106.4 (20th)|
|206.1 (23rd)||Passing Offense||253.1 (9th)|
|30:49 (10th)||Possession Avg||30:26 (t-14th)|
|17.1 (2nd)||Points allowed/gm||21.0 (11th)|
|294.4 (3rd)||Total Defense||336.8 (11th)|
|94.2 (4th)||Rushing Defense||118.5 (17th)|
|200.2 (4th)||Passing Defense||218.3 (11th)|
|38 (t-11th)||Sacks||47 (4th)|
|48.1 (3rd)||Punting Avg (Gross)||42.9 (26th)|
|+9 (t-8th)||Turnover Differential||+7 (10th)|