Hi everyone! The 49ers are out of the playoffs, and we have about 7-8 months before seeing our Red and Gold players playing once again in meaningful football. But there's a lot for the 49ers to still address in the off-season, so today I'll be diving into my dream of an ideal off-season for the San Francisco 49ers, and I have still complete faith we can go to and win Super Bowl 49.
Boldin- He would be our number 2 WR, and he has shown(obviously) to be able to catch Kaepernick's fastballs, and has shown a sort of chemistry with Kap. He can also mentor the young wide receivers such as Quinton Patton.
Whitner- He's shown to have bounced back from a bad 2012 season, and has been a great mentor to young free safety Eric Reid.
Kassim Osgood and Phil Dawson- Two great players on special teams. Dawson has been almost automatic for the second half of the season and beyond, and Osgood has been a tremendous special teamer on punt returns.
Perrish Cox- I would like to sign one of the CBs back, and I think that Cox has performed past Wright and is cheaper to re-sign than Brown.
I personally don't think we will be very active in free agency, but I think we will sign a couple of veterans to help the depth at some positions. I think the signings should be at:
Cornerback and Safety- This is only if Whiter/Cox is not resigned. I would love to cut Craig Dahl for cap space though.
Cut Carlos Rogers- We needs da cap space!!!!!
Extend Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, and Michael Crabtree- I'm not getting into numbers at the moment(I'll probably do that in my next edition), but I think they're our franchise players, and I would love to have them back long term.
I have not really looked into the prospects yet; I will do so when the draft gets closer. I have a basic idea of what postion I want filled though.
1. CB- I feel this is the most important need when Brown, Wright, and Rogers is gone.
2(KC). WR- I believe we will re-sign Boldin, but I think we need to get stocked at the WR position before we are depleted quickly.
2. SS-This player will be behind Donte Whitner, and will take his place when he leaves.
3(TEN). I think this will be used to trade up for the CB.
3. OG- This player will either replace Iupati, or be the depth when one of the OGs on the roster steps up.
4. D-lineman-We have used two picks to strengthen the secondary. Now it's time to help the men in the trenches. Who loves da sack, baby?
5. CB or WR- I'm conflicted on this one. More depth at CB, or WR?
6. Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma- He will most likely take the season on the NFI list ala Tank Carradine.
7(NO)- Center- I think that Kilgore will replace Goodwin, but it doesn't hurt to get another lineman for depth.
7(CAR). Quarterback- I want to take a flier on a late round QB like Daniels, who will compete for the third QB spot against McBLT.
7. Trade or ILB- Most likely trade, but possibly having another camp body to compete for ILB depth.
And that's it. I realize my draft is a little sloppy, but I really haven't looked into the prospects. Tell me what you think in the comments!