As has become tradition across the country, the mayors of San Francisco and Green Bay have placed a wager on Sunday's game between the 49ers and Packers. While the NFL would neeeeeeeever encourage gambling, we always get some fun wagers across the country come playoff time.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee released the details surrounding the wager with Green Bay Mayor James Schmitt. The losing mayor will visit a school in his hometown, wearing the cap of the winning team, to read to school children and teach them a lesson about sportsmanship.
Additionally, the losing Mayor will send a care package of local chocolates and desserts to the winning city. Mayor Schmitt is wagering Berstens Chocolates and kringle, which is the official dessert of Wisconsin. Mayor Lee is wagering Ghirardelli Chocolates and donuts from Bob's Donut Shop on Polk Street. I have indeed been to Bob's Donut Shop, and I can attest to its yumminess.
San Francisco will also light up City Hall with red and gold lighting through the end of the 49ers postseason run. Hopefully that means into February!
- 49ers vs Packers Wild Card Preview: Thoughts and Notes
- All 22 breakdown of 49ers secondary woes
- Jim Harbaugh talks cold weather, Colin Kaepernick and team awards
- Carlos Rogers, Eric Wright both listed as questionable
- 49ers team awards: Anquan Boldin, Justin Smith, Alex Boone, NaVorro Bowman among winners