We're a couple days away from Super Bowl XLVIII, which means the Joe Buck haters get to amp themselves up in advance of Sunday's game. Joe Buck is one of the most divisive announcers out there, and he and Troy Aikman draw plenty of venom.
Thankfully, in spite of all that, Buck actually has a really good sense of humor about all this. He put together a video with Funny or Die, "promoting" the big game around New York City. Everybody basically craps on him throughout the segment, dropping f-bombs and the like. Some of the highlights include getting pizza thrown in his face, and an immigrant who only knows one particular phrase of English. It wraps with someone talking about how he likes his dad but thinks he's [site decorum].
All in all, I really enjoyed it. And while Buck has his drawbacks, I don't think he's nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He's not my favorite announcer, but I prefer him and Aikman over Nantz and Simms. I've never really enjoyed when CBS handles Super Bowl coverage. I can get a kick out of "Hello friends", but for the most part, CBS is just plain bad. I can get behind FOX at least a little bit. For now though, at least enjoy the video.
Here is a full rundown of Sunday's Super Bowl XLVIII tv information.
- Teams: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos
- Date: Sunday, February 2, 2014
- Kickoff time: 6:25 EST / 5:25 CST
- Location: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Super Bowl score by quarter: Live SB Nation scoreboard
- Live stream: FOX Sports Go (Sign-in is not required during the Super Bowl TV broadcast)
- TV channel: FOX (A full list of international broadcasters is available here)
- Radio: NFL on Westwood One (Choose your station here), with Kevin Harlan as the play-by-play announcer
- Announcers: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman; Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews are sideline reporters
- Officials: Terry McAulay and his crew
- Current odds: Broncos by 2 (All odds are updated here)
- Halftime show performance: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- National anthem: Renee Fleming
- Current ticket prices: TicketMaster.com