The list of parties interested in 49ers assistant coaches continues to grow. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan is reporting the Minnesota Vikings are expected to request an interview with defensive line coach Jim Tomsula.
The Vikings had already been reported to have contacted the 49ers about offensive coordinator Greg Roman. There is no word yet on if he interviewed with them. If an interview does happen, it would have to be between now and the start of the divisional round games this weekend. After that, no first-time interviews can happen until after the season.
Greg Roman and Vic Fangio had their names connected to interviews earlier in the week. On Monday, Jim Harbaugh was asked about those reports and he added that the team had been contacted about Jim Tomsula as well. This would either be follow up on that, or at least one other team is interested. Tomsula does not have NFL coordinator experience, but he does have some NFL Europe experience as a coordinator and head coach. We'll see how the interview process goes in the coming days.
- 49ers-Panthers injury report: Demarcus Dobbs, Carlos Rogers your notable DNPs
- Jim Harbaugh talks Panthers defensive front, Colin Kaepernick runs, tight ends and more
- Criticizing Kaepernick and the National Media
- All 22 Breakdown of Colin Kaepernick's Scrambles
- 49ers vs. Panthers: Google+ Hangout with Cat Scratch Reader