Greetings, hello, and welcome fellow Bandwagoners! First of all, WHAT A GAME between Green Bay (now honorary inductees into the NFC West) and San Francisco! Hats off to Green Bay.
During that game, our beloved Quinton Patton was in only on 17 plays, ran once and wasn't targeted. This is probably for a variety of reasons. One, Crabtree was having a monster game. Two, Green Bay's D seemed to be watching Patton when he was on the field. Three, it was blasted cold. Four, our O seemed to focus on picking on the front seven more than the back four.
Now, why am I, the President of the biggest bandwagon to hit Niners Nation since KSWOF, not worried? Because our O tends to change around from game to game. We rarely do the same thing in consecutive games. Patton's turn will come around. And I predict, here and now, that his run towards Super Bowl MVP begins against Carolina!
I know, you all think I'm crazy. How can our #3 rookie WR, who had only three catches during the regular season, have a great game against the Panthers, arguably one of the top D's? Let me list the reasons.
- The Panther's strength is in their front seven. Get Patton between them and the secondary and get him the ball, and watch him go!
- There will be more focus on Kap being "allowed" to run more. Despite typically only rushing 4, my bet is they will still spy Kap.
- Everyone is talking about Crabtree and VD being in this game. So who cares about a no-name rookie?
- And the most important reason...
- Because we are the General's Battlewagon, and we can do whatever we want!
This has been a fantastic year so far, and we are looking forward to three more great games!
7-11 ALWAYS OPEN BABY!
Oh, and just in case you forgot what it looks like...