After two annoying weeks, the end is finally at hand. The Denver Broncos face off against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, and as soon as this game is over, everything resets. The march to free agency and the draft begins in earnest, and we can truly put the 2013 season in our rear view mirror.
Down below, I've included everything you need to know for watching Super Bowl XLVIII, and yet, I know that there are some people here who have no interest in watching this game. I'll be watching for work, as I'll be providing a run-down of many of the gambling related storylines. However, plenty of people will not be watching. Which side of the coin will you fall on?
If you'd prefer to do anything other than watch the Super Bowl, maybe you can watch Puppy Bowl X, and feel a little bit better. If that doesn't work, on the west coast, TBS will be airing some movies. They've got Meet the Parents, followed by Home Alone, followed by Shrek. That should be enough to get you through the day.
If you are looking for one last fix of football before it goes away for a looooooong time, this could be a fun matchup. Peyton Manning vs. that Seahawks defense will be something to behold. It could prove to be quite the chess matchup. Marshawn Lynch will be the key for this Seahawks offense, but Denver has their own solid rushing attack led by Knowshon Moreno.
I said it in my Super Bowl predictions, and I'll stand by it, I think this game comes down to the running backs. Whichever of the two can step up will be the reason for the victory. Lynch is the key to the Seahawks offense, and Moreno will have a chance to go after the weakest part of the otherwise strong Seattle defense. Don't forget to get your own predictions in before kick off.
If you're looking for some additional Super Bowl coverage, check out SB Nation's Super Bowl coverage tool. We've got all sorts of different tidbits to help you prep for the game, if you are so inclined. And if you have zero cares about this game, well, crack a beer and see what else is on television. If you're at a Super Bowl party, curl up in a corner and ignore everybody else. Just know, the offseason is almost here!
Everything You Need To Know For Super Bowl XLVIII:
- Teams: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos
- Date: Sunday, February 2, 2014
- Kickoff time: 3:25 PT
- Location: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Super Bowl score by quarter: Live SB Nation scoreboard
- Live stream: FOX Sports Go (Sign-in is not required during the Super Bowl TV broadcast)
- TV channel: FOX (A full list of international broadcasters is available here)
- Radio: NFL on Westwood One (Choose your station here), with Kevin Harlan as the play-by-play announcer
- Announcers: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman; Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews are sideline reporters
- Officials: Terry McAulay and his crew
- Current odds: Broncos by 2 (All odds are updated here)
- Halftime show performance: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- National anthem: Renee Fleming
- Current ticket prices: NFL Ticket Exchange
- SB Nation Team Sites: Mile High Report (Broncos) | Field Gulls (Seahawks)
Chance of Precipitation: 60%