A brief article, link is at the bottom, listed ten general questions that the niners ask of combine prospects. I felt inspired to a) answer them myself and b) suggest the best possible answer such prospects could provide. What better answers can you provide?
Although the 49ers do not have a standard interview script for their 60 interviews, the scouting department was kind enough to share a sampling of 10 questions that might be asked to a prospect during a combine interview session.
1. What about your game will make an NFL team better?
me: I am attentive, prompt, and swift; players will not need to wait very long for their water to reach them. player: the abc's! a-hand size b-brain size and c-arm length
2. Who is the first person you would call if you had a football problem?
me: My friend Doug. He's too small to play in the nfl, but knows everything. player: The first person would be my team's coach or the appropriate coordinator...my pop warner coach would be a good fallback possibility.
3. Who is the first person you would call if you needed help making a decision?
me: My wife. player: My wife...if not married, then a brother, no brother? dad, no dad? pop warner coach
4. What was your first job?
me: splitting firewood and selling/delivering said wood. player: same.5. What goes through your mind once a play is finished, to when you hear the play call, to the line of scrimmage, all the way through the whistle?
me: not me. why me? what are they thinking? Ok. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. player: Nothing. Nothing at all. I know the plays forward and back; same is true of my opponents...I simply react and hardly think.
6. How do you feel you learn most effectively?
me: I learn best by reading. player: Doing. Imitating.
7. What motivates you to play football?
Me: Playing football on the big stage fulfills my dreams player: Provide for family, be the best I can be.
8. Can you describe your relationships with your family, coaches and teammates? me/player: excellent, supportive, loving.
9. What do you want to achieve as an NFL player?
me: God-like awe from strangers player: domination of opponents, both mentally and physically.
10. What do you want to achieve outside the NFL?
me: Happy family player: happy family AND a broadcasting career.