The folks over at 49ers.com got the offseason going with a rundown of the team's top ten plays of 2013. It was a wild year with some crazy plays, but it should be no surprise what the top play was. The proverbial "Pick at the Stick" was the easy choice.
In case you were under a rock this season, in Week 16, the 49ers found themselves leading the Atlanta Falcons 27-24. The Falcons had scored a touchdown to cut the 49ers lead to three. The Falcons then recovered an onside kick and were steadily moving down the field. Matt Ryan threw a short pass to Harry Douglas, but Tramaine Brock was able to tip it in the air. NaVorro Bowman was in the right place at the right time, grabbed the interception and ran it back 89 yards for the touchdown. The 49ers secured a win in the final game in Candlestick Park history, and we had one heck of a memorable moment.
Here is a rundown of the top 10 plays according to 49ers.com. Each link is to their article/video on the play. Do you think they missed any plays, or have a different order in mind?
1. The Pick at the Stick, December 23 vs. Atlanta Falcons
2. Frank Gore "game-clinching" run, December 8 vs. Seattle Seahawks
3. Vernon Davis toe-tap touchdown, Divisional Round, January 12 @ Carolina Panthers
4. Colin Kaepernick "Superman" score, Divisional Round, January 12 @ Carolina Panthers
5. Dan Skuta touchdown return, October 27 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (London)
6. Ahmad Brooks goal line stand, Divisional Round, January 12 @ Carolina Panthers
7. Frank Gore 34-yard touchdown on 4th and 1, September 26 @ St. Louis Rams
8. Colin Kaepernick record 58-yard run, NFCCG, January 19 @ Seattle Seahawks
9. Darryl Morris, Kassim Osgood create special teams TD, October 20 @ Tennessee Titans
10. Anquan Boldin touchdown, NFCCG, January 19 @ Seattle Seahawks
- 49ers comp picks 2014: 49ers projected with a fourth round compensatory pick
- Seahawks salary cap breakdown 2014: Golden Tate, Michael Bennett and more to consider
- Dunta Robinson released, joins growing list of corners aging rapidly
- 49ers Waldo found: The Ronnie Andrews story
- ESPN suggests Emmanuel Sanders should be 49ers free agent target