After several long posts, I am determined to end this draft season with a short & sweet entry.
CB, WR, Pass rusher (DE or OLB), Safety, ILB, KR/PR, IOL, future back-up QB, RB, TE.
My one & only mock draft prediction
#30 - trade up to mid-20s - Kyle Fuller (give up 4th - #129)
#56 - trade up to late 40s - Jordan Matthews (give up 5th - #170)
#61 - Stay as-is for BPA pass-rusher - Trent Murphy
#77 - trade down to mid 80s - Add 2014-5th rounder(~#160)
Mid-80s - trade down to ~#115 in 4th round - Add 2015-3rd rounder
#94 - trade down to ~120 in 4th round - Add 2014-6th rounder (~#200) + 2015-5th rounder
#100 - Comp - Redshirt candidate pick - Either DT Easley or IOL Brandon Thomas
#115 - ILB Shayne Skov or Preston Brown
#120 - Redshirt candidate pick - CB Aaron Colvin
#160 - RB Terrance West
#200 - QB Logan Thomas
#242 - S Vinnie Sunsieri
#243 - Traded somewhere along the way or out to 2015
#245 - Redshirt candidate DL Ben Gardner or OT Pachan (depending on who we got at #100)
Overall haul (10 picks with 2-3 possible NFI/PUP candidates)
1. CB Fuller - instant candidate for big role
2. WR Jordan Matthews - at worst 4th WR, but can get to #3 spot
3. OLB/DE Trent Murphy - Future core player on the Front-7
4. Redshirt DL Easley or IOL Thomas- potential future starter
5. ILB Skov or Brown - Instant ST player & possible starter opposite 52 until 53 returns
6. Redshirt CB Colvin - Could come back after week 9 if he is healthy. A hybrid CB/FS type if groomed that way for next 1-2 years.
7. RB Terrance West - Possible ST player & future 1-2 punch with Lattimore. If everyone is healthy, either LMJ or Hunter is traded before week 1 for a 2015 day-3 pick.
8. QB Logan Thomas - I prefer Murray from Georgia or Fales from SJ State, but who knows who Harbaugh really likes. I am confident whoever we get can be groomed as a valuable back-up who can win games if necessary.
9. Vinnie Sunsieri - This is a Bob Sanders like pick. If he is healthy, he could be a superstar. But I don't think his body will last long enough in the NFL.
10. Redshirt DL Gardner or OT Pachan - depending on who we got at #100, one of these guys will either be on NFI or land on the PS.
2015 draft capital
Extra 3rd and 5th rounder.
In addition to our usual 7, we get 2 from above trades + 2 expected comp picks + at least 1-2 August trades - loss of 1-2 picks from Martin & Gabbert trades.
In the end, we could end up with minimum of 11-12 picks again in 2015 draft. Hallelujah!!!