In a bit of a rush, so here we go. I've posted a few comments after this set of rankings.
1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
3. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
4. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
5. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
6. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
7. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
8. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
10. , OT, Rutgers
11. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
12. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
13. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
14. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
15. Taylor Mays, S, USC
16. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
17. Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
18. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
19. Charles Brown, OT, USC
20. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
21. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
22. Jahvid Best, RB, California
23. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
24. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
25. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
26. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama (133 votes)
27. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers (124 votes)
28. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (119 votes)
29. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida (91 votes)
30. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State (90 votes)
Terrence Cody is a guy who's been all over the board over the past year or so. If ever there was a monstrous, space-eating nose tackle, Cody would seem to be that guy. In looking over his scouting report at ESPN, Cody gets "Average" to "Above Average" rankings, but no "Exceptional" rankings. In his 100 in 100 post, Drew pointed to the issue of his weight as being a driving factor. What do people think of Mt. Cody? Aubrayo Franklin would seem likely to end up signing his 1-year tender. I don't know if Cody will fall to 49, but would you take him there? Or, if the 49ers moved back from 13 or 17, do you take him with a late first rounder?
After the jump I've posted the new poll for spots 31-35. Thanks again to Drew K for helping me come up with the list of candidates.
First off, remember that you can use the scroll bar on the right side to see the last few names. They're in alphabetical order by last name.
I realize I've probably left out players you might like, but given that we're looking at spots 6-10, I think I've included most, if not all, of the important names. To fill out the 25 candidates, I took the 20 individuals that didn't get in the top 5, and then added 5 more players. I added in a couple requested players from the last thread, and then a couple others from the Scouts Inc Top 32.
In the end, how you vote is up to you, but just remember that this is a 49ers big board. Not a mock draft and not a big board that can be applied to every team. Use your own philosophy, but just pretend this would be going to the 49ers when we're done.
If you think an essential player is missing, double-check the list first.
In doing this community draft board, I’d like you to keep in mind a couple of things. I don’t want you ranking players based on where you think they’ll be drafted. I want you ranking them based on how they would fit the 49ers needs. The 49ers have a whole variety of needs, so this is not a simple task. The team doesn’t need a quarterback, but the team still has to rank Sam Bradford under this hypothetical: If the 49ers were the only team drafting and thus they had access to every player in the draft pool, who would you take first? If that player was gone, who would be their second choice?