Due to the growing length of our list, I'll just post the 5 newest additions here and post the pre-existing players after the jump.
31. Nate Allen, S, South Florida (128 votes)
32. Roger Saffold, OT, Indiana (121 votes)
33. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St. (110 votes)
34. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida (98 votes)
35. Vladimir Ducasse, OG, Massachusetts (93 votes)
I'm curious what people think of Vladimir Ducasse. From my brief research, and recalling some info from during the postseason All-Star games, Ducasse is still very raw. At his Scouts Inc scouting report, he gets high marks for his abilities (run/pass blocking), but he gets a below average mark for awareness. They said:
Still has developing to do in this area as this is only his six year of football. Questionable overall instincts. Struggles to recognize defensive line stunts and can is caught out of position at times. Shows ability to pick up pressure from second and third level of defense.
So a potential second round pick on this guy would bring a project in. One positive to this is that the 49ers do have David Baas for one more year, so year 1 for Ducasse could be all about boosting his awareness and getting him even a little bit up to speed on playing at the next level.
After the jump I've posted the new poll for spots 31-35. Thanks again to Drew K for helping me come up with the list of candidates.
1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
3. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
4. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
5. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
6. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
7. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
8. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
10. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
11. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
12. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
13. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
14. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
15. Taylor Mays, S, USC
16. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
17. Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
18. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
19. Charles Brown, OT, USC
20. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
21. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
22. Jahvid Best, RB, California
23. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
24. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
25. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
26. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
27. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
28. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
29. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
30. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
First off, remember that you can use the scroll bar on the right side to see the last few names. They're in alphabetical order by last name.
I realize I've probably left out players you might like, but given that we're looking at spots 6-10, I think I've included most, if not all, of the important names. To fill out the 25 candidates, I took the 20 individuals that didn't get in the top 5, and then added 5 more players. I added in a couple requested players from the last thread, and then a couple others from the Scouts Inc Top 32.
In the end, how you vote is up to you, but just remember that this is a 49ers big board. Not a mock draft and not a big board that can be applied to every team. Use your own philosophy, but just pretend this would be going to the 49ers when we're done.
If you think an essential player is missing, double-check the list first.
In doing this community draft board, I’d like you to keep in mind a couple of things. I don’t want you ranking players based on where you think they’ll be drafted. I want you ranking them based on how they would fit the 49ers needs. The 49ers have a whole variety of needs, so this is not a simple task. The team doesn’t need a quarterback, but the team still has to rank Sam Bradford under this hypothetical: If the 49ers were the only team drafting and thus they had access to every player in the draft pool, who would you take first? If that player was gone, who would be their second choice?