Well I'm really disappointed in that game. There was a lot to be hopeful about, so that was cool I guess. There was also a lot of monkey-at-the-zoo-flinging-feces-everywhere too.
All week, we are going to be able to tear some parts of this game apart - both good and bad. So, in preparation for the week, let's get freaky with some stats, shall we?
- Alex Smith had a good, if not slightly pedestrian game, going 16/24 for 179 yards with 2 TDs and 1 (really bad because Vernon Davis was wide open if he throws it just a few more yards ahead of him) Interception. That's good for a 66.7% completion rate. Not horrible...
- On the flip side, though, Alex Smith was sacked six times. Pretty horrible...
- Tedd Ginn Jr. is really turning it up after his half a reception last season with a good game today with 4 receptions for 38 yards. His route running looked pretty nice today.
- Kyle Williams had an excellent catch for a TD. I want to see more of that kid. Delanie Walker as had a nice TD catch.
- Bowman led the team with 9 tackles and Willis was right behind with 8. These two pretty much stopped the Cowboys' running game. Also of interest, they are awesome.
- Whitner and Brock both had nice picks (thought Whitner went a little crazy in the end zone, running around like a chicken with his head cut off). Props also to Carlos Rodgers, whom I also thought had a good game.
- On the special teams side, Andy Lee continued his supernatural awesomeness with an average of 55.3 yards on six punts and a long of 64 (the Lee / Fooch love affair continues!). Akers had a nice, but controversial, field goal kick from 55 yards out. You will get my take on his kick tomorrow, so be on the lookout!
Have a great evening (though after this game, I know I won't). And if you are here on NN, let's talk about what needs to be done to shore up the secondary. My quick answer: blitz more and (I can't believe I am saying this) we need the return of a man named Spencer. What are your guys' ideas?