Even though this is a NFL-wide Power Rankings, let's just marvel at how awesome the 49ers were this last week. It was one of the most impressive offensive performances I've seen, well, ever. That defense sure wasn't shabby either.
Anyway, now that I have bragged enough about our 49ers, let's bounce on over to the rankings.
1) Houston Texans (Last Week: 1; 5-0): You know, it's sort of a shame that we won't play the Texans this season. It would be an awesome game.
2) Atlanta Falcons (Last Week: 2; 5-0): I guess the same goes for the Falcons, but I have a feeling that we will probably play them in the playoffs.
3) San Francisco 49ers (Last Week: 4; 4-1): When you are that good for two weeks, you get to leapfrog a team ahead of you - even when that team wins.
4) Baltimore Ravens (Last Week: 3; 4-1): If you have to only score 9 points, your defense ought to hold the opposing team to 6 points. Not a bad showing.
5) New England Patriots (Last Week: 5; 3-2): I'm fine taking the Patriots' sloppy-seconds all season. The Bills came to us pretty pathetic...
6) Chicago Bears (Last Week: 6; 4-1): Watch out, Bears. Here come the Vikings. P.S. I wonder what a Bear-Viking fight would look like.
7) New York Giants (Last Week: 7; 3-2): The game with the Giants has been circled on the proverbial season list since beginning. I'm pumped for this game.
8) Minnesota Vikings (Last Week: 16; 4-1): Massive jump? Totally. But man, this seems pretty warranted. This team is playing well.
9) Pittsburgh Steelers (Last Week: 14; 2-2): It's nice when many of the teams ahead of you lose. Almost automatic jump in the rankings with a little win.
10) Arizona Cardinals (Last Week: 8; 4-1): With how the o-line is playing in Arizona, betting pools concerning Kevin Kolb's health will start arising.
11) Green Bay Packers (Last Week: 9; 2-3): To be frank, I'm sort of thinking that this is too high for the Packers. I mean, that team is good. And, Aaron Rodgers. Also, did I mention: Aaron Rodgers.
12) Philadelphia Eagles (Last Week: 10; 3-2): Michael Vick is a total turnover machine. Until that stops, the wins will be scarce.
13) San Diego Chargers (Last Week: 11; 3-2): I don't want to make excuses for a loss, but the Chargers got totally screwed by the refs on that last drive. It's so much better without the replacement refs, but even the regular ones can't be perfect.
14) Seattle Seahawks (Last Week: 17; 3-2): Even if the Cardinals have a better record right now, I think I'm more excited for the division games against the Seahawks.
15) Dallas Cowboys (BYE WEEK): I hate the Cowboys. Just, you know, I do.
16) Denver Broncos (Last Week: 12; 2-3): It's been a rough start to the season, but as Peyton Manning gets more comfortable with his new offense, this team should pick up.
17) Cincinnati Bengals (Last Week: 13; 3-2): It's not unusual for a young team like the Bengals to have fluctuations in rankings. But, honestly, I really would like to have the Bengals up higher. I'm pulling for them.
18) St. Louis Rams (Last Week: 20; 3-2): There's a weird part of me that wants the Rams to keep winning so that the division gets it newfound respect.
19) Detroit Lions (BYE WEEK): So, you know, they stay in the same spot.
20) Buffalo Bills (Last Week: 18; 2-3): Umm can we play the BIlls every week. Pretty please?
21) Miami Dolphins (Last Week: 28; 2-3): If the Dolphins keep this up, they will shoot up the rankings. Shout out to those who called this in the comments last week.
22) Indianapolis Colts (Last Week: 29; 2-2): My thoughts and prayers go out to Chuck Pagano's family.
23) New Orleans Saints (Last Week: 30; 1-4): Anybody else find the whole record breaking thing a bit ostentatious and overblown?
24) Oakland Raiders (BYE WEEK):.
25) New York Jets (Last Week: 22; 2-3): By my count, the Bills are three points better than the Jets.
26) Carolina Panthers (Last Week: 23; 1-4): Losing - the best way to take the wind out of the Cam Newton sails.
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (BYE WEEK).
28) Washington Redskins (Last Week: 21; 2-3): If there is any upside to the RG3 attention, it might just be how he was treated as a player with a concussion last week. This may be the biggest problem facing the NFL.
29) Kansas City Chiefs (Last Week: 25; 1-4): Even with the Broncos at 2-3, doesn't it feel like the Chiefs are leaps and bounds behind in the AFC West.
30) Tennessee Titans (Last Week: 27; 1-4): Thinking about the the injuries afflicting other QBs in the league makes this whole Alex Smith finger deal seem pretty nice.
31) Jacksonville Jaguars (Last Week: 31; 1-4): There's not much going for this team right now, besides MJD.
32) Cleveland Browns (Last Week: 32; 0-5): Still searching for their first win.