BOO! That's really the only word that comes to mind. So many bad things have come out of this game that it makes it hard to choose where to begin. Here is a list of the bad things....
- The Seahawks pick up a game on us in the NFC West, a race that last week appeared all but over.
- The Packers pick up ground on us in the race for the 2nd seed and first-round bye.
- We've shown that we are absolutely, positively incapable of playing three good games in a row. To win a Super Bowl, you have to play at least 3 good games in a row and at this point I don't think we can.
- Colin Kaepernick went from looking like a seasoned pro with ice in his veins to looking like a second-year quarterback playing in his third ever start.
- Mario Manningham left the game with a shoulder injury.
- I woke up at 5am to watch this game.
- After another five quarters of mistake-filled football, the 49ers are not as good as the Rams. The Rams made mistakes as well in the 10 quarters we've played. But they beat us. Are they the better team?
OK, so maybe the last one is just me venting. But, seriously, the Rams?!?! Does this team really want to make a playoff run? Do they have it in them? If I could, I'd get Mike Singletary to pull his pants down, just to show them how poorly they played. We can expect to lose at New England. If we play the way we played yesterday we can't expect to beat Seattle. The Seahawks have an easy schedule over the last four. If we lose those two games, Seattle could conceivably win out and take the division. This could all change if their CBs get suspended for adderall. They'll be rendered useless on defense without them.
Apologies but I worked late, woke up early, and am completely out of energy so you're getting nothing but links. Sorry.... On to the links.
Week 13: Rams 16, 49ers 13
49ers fall 16-13 to Rams in overtime (Branch)
49ers slip up in St. Louis (49ers.com)
Miscues lead to overtime loss to Rams (Maiocco)
Rams - 49ers Analysis
Wrap-up: Rams 16, 49ers 13 (OT) (Sando)
Postgame analysis: Rams 16, 49ers 13 (OT) (CBS Sports)
Referee explains controversial safety (Maiocco)
49ers vs Rams: Thumbs up, thumbs down (Scout.com)
Notebook: Defense keeps it close (49ers.com)
Niners can't blame Kap for shocking OT defeat (Scout.com)
Loss a painful one for Kaepernick (SF Gate)
Assorted News and Notes
Aldon Smith breaks Fred Dean, Reggie White sack records (Bay Area SB Nation))
Video recap: 49ers at Rams (49ers.com)
Press pass: Colin Kaepernick (49ers.com)
Press pass: Jim Harbaugh (49ers.com)
Matt & Mindi: Rams outcoached 49ers (CSN Bay Area)
Cover 2: 49ers at Rams (49ers.com)
49ers fall to Rams in OT (49ers.com)
Being a Sheep
Be sure to follow @NinersNation on Twitter as well as on Facebook. You can follow SB Nation Bay Area on Twitter @sbnbayarea and also on Facebook.
If you're new here, you can register for a free account to participate in the discussion and create your own fanposts here at Niners Nation and across our entire network of 300+ sports blogs.