- the first offensive play the 49ers will run/attempt to execute,
- the first player on defense (not special teams) who will make a tackle, and
- how the team's first touchdown will be scored (if you think one will be scored).
Here are the results from last week (not a pretty week!):
1. First offensive play: Colin Kaepernick pass incomplete to Anquan Boldin
Winners (got incompletion): El Shorts
2. First defensive tackle: NaVorro Bowman on Rashard Mendenhall rush
Winners: FiveAlarmFreddy, piep15, mmm...tacos, fiaeva22, Optonal, Fooch
3. First 49ers touchdown: Colin Kaepernick completes 61-yard TD pass to Vernon Davis
Winners: Bulrdrsal, CYko, rogerwhooker
For this year, you can find the ground rules below. The prize for correctly guessing a category is bragging rights.
Offensive Play Prediction Guidelines: Try to be as specific as you can on what you think the 49ers' first offensive play will be. Don't just say "pass play" or "run play". Instead, say "Kaepernick throws a slant route to Boldin for 7 yards" or "Frank Gore runs right side and picks up three yards." You can also predict incompletions, interceptions, fumbles, touchdowns, and even a safety if you really think that will happen on the first offensive play!
Defensive Tackle Prediction Guidelines: Predicting the first defensive play is much more obscure, so this one is a simpler category -- project who you think will make the team's first tackle that does not come on special teams or a returned interception/fumble.
First Touchdown Against Tennessee: If you do not think the 49ers will score a touchdown, then say "no touchdowns" as your answer. Otherwise, predict how you think the 49ers' first offensive touchdown will be scored, along with the person(s) who will score. You can predict it to be on offense, defense, or special teams. If you predict a passing touchdown, name both the quarterback and the receiver.
Here is the template you can copy+paste for your comments:
First Offensive Play:
First Defensive Tackle:
Here are my predictions...
First Offensive Play: Handoff to Frank Gore from off-set I formation; Gore goes left guard for six yards
First Defensive Tackle: Ahmad Brooks of Chris Johnson
First Touchdown: Frank Gore seven-yard touchdown run