Fooch's Update: Jim Harbaugh stated the team has signed Perrish Cox. He said the 49ers were already planning the move when Cox was released by Seattle, before Rogers got hurt).
There has been no word yet, but based on this Instagram picture from Perrish Cox, he might be returning to San Francisco this week. He tweeted this out, along with this comment:
This has been the craziest roller coaster i have ever been on these past 2 months, but the most humble 1 also, but i cant dwell on the past I have business 2 take care of, i could never get use 2 #30 anyway lol #20 #quest4six#49ers
Cox was waived by the San Francisco 49ers on November 12 when the 49ers activated Nick Moody and subsequently promoted TE Derek Carrier off the practice squad. Since then, Cox has signed with and been released by the Seattle Seahawks multiple times. The most recent occurred three days ago when they activated cornerback Walter Thurmond.
Now, it appears he might be returning to the 49ers. This potential move would likely mean the team has some question marks with regard to Carlos Rogers hamstring injury. He suffered it late against the Cardinals, and was expected to undergo an MRI on Monday. We're waiting for more details on the injury, so we'll see if this brings more. The 49ers do have an open roster spot after moving Mario Manningham to IR. More to come!
- Black Monday: Rob Chudzinski, Leslie Frazier, Mike Shanahan, Greg Schiano, Jim Schwartz fired
- 49ers-Packers tickets at Lambeau on sale starting at 1 p.m. PT
- 49ers 2014 schedule: Opponents set for next season
- 49ers-Packers spread: San Francisco only road favorite for Wild Card weekend
- NFL playoff schedule 2014: 49ers game time with Packers set for Sunday afternoon