The San Francisco 49ers are home for a big matchup against the NFC West-leading Seattle Seahawks. The 49ers are coming off a 23-13 win over the St. Louis Rams, while the Seahawks are coming off a 34-7 thumping of the New Orleans Saints. This is the 30th matchup between the two teams, with the Seahawks leading the all-time series 15-14.
While Seattle comes into this flying pretty high, it looks to be a closely contested matchup. The 49ers are third in the NFL in scoring defense (16.4 points), while the Seahawks are second (15.5 points). One team could lay a thumping on the other, but my guess is we have a fairly close game. I'd much prefer the 49ers have no trouble with the Seahawks, but I suppose I can live with a closely contested win!
There is one notable statistical benchmark up for grabs. Anquan Boldin is 13 receiving yards shy of 11,000 for his career. He would become only the 30th player to reach that mark. With 73 yards he would move past Chad Johnson on the all-time receiving yards list.
- In 12 career games against Sea. , he has totaled 75 recepts. for 945 yds. and 2 TDs.
- Hauled in 10 passes for a game-high 122 yds. and 1 TD at Sea. (12/21/03) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
- Hauled in 7 passes for a game-high 107 yds. and 1 TD at Sea. (12/26/04) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals. It marked his first TD of the season and 9th of his career.
- Racked up 83 yds. on 4 recepts. vs. Sea. (9/16/07) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
- As a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he hauled in 13 passes for a career-best 186 yds. at Sea. (11/16/08).
- Caught 8 passes for a team-high 105 yds. vs. Sea. (11/15/09) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
- Recorded his first career sack at Sea. (12/24/11), dropping QB Tarvaris Jackson for a 4-yd. loss.
- Made a career-high 19 tackles at Sea. (12/23/12).
- Registered a team-high 15 tackles at Sea. (9/15/13).
- Registered his first-career INT, picking off QB Tarvaris Jackson to end the first half vs. Sea. (9/11/11).
- Blocked a P Jon Ryan punt in the 1st qtr. at Sea. (9/15/13).
- Registered 6 recepts. for 111 yds. and 1 TD at Sea. (12/6/09).
- Caught 5 passes for 70 yds., including a 42-yd. TD recept. vs. Sea. (12/12/10).
- Has rushed for 1,254 yds. vs. Sea., the most rushing yds. against any opponent in his career.
- Set a 49ers single-game rushing record with 212 yds. vs. Sea. (11/19/06).
- Was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for producing TD runs of 79 and a career-best 80 yds., finishing with 207 yds. on 16 carries vs. Sea. (9/20/09). It marks the 49ers second best single- game rushing performance in team history.
- Rushed for 131 yds. on 16 carries (8.2 avg.) vs. Sea. (10/18/12), marking Gore’s 32nd career 100-yd. game and 3rd of the season.
- Set a new career-high in both gross avg. (59.6) and net avg. (54.2) vs. Sea. (9/11/11). Lee’s 59.6 gross avg. is the highest single- game avg. in franchise history and ranks 3rd in NFL history. His 54.2 net avg. is the highest single-game net avg. in franchise his- tory and the 2nd best single-game performance in the NFL since the statistic was first tracked in 1976.
- Recorded 9 tackles and 2.0 sacks on QB Russell Wilson at Sea. (9/15/13).
- Posted his 11th career multi-sack game with 2.0 sacks on QB Tarvaris Jackson vs. Sea. (9/11/11).
- Picked up his 3rd FR of the season at Sea. (12/24/11), stopping Seattle’s potential go-ahead score late in the 4th qtr.
- In 12 career games against Sea., he has totaled 135 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 TD, 1 FR and 6 PDs.
- Recorded his first-career INT and first NFL TD at Sea. (9/14/08), returning it 86 yds. for a TD, marking the longest INT return by a linebacker in franchise history.
Series Record: Seahawks lead series 15-14
49ers Home Record vs. Seahawks: 49ers lead series 7-6
First Meeting: 9/26/76, 49ers win 37-21, at Sea.
Last Meeting: 9/15/13, Seahawks win 29-3, at Sea.
Current Streak: Lost 2
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 4 (12/12/10 - 10/18/12)
Longest Seahawks Win Streak: 6 (10/12/03 - 12/11/05)
Most 49ers Points: 40 (12/12/10): 49ers win 40-21, at SF
Most Seahawks Points: 42 - 2 times, (Last 12/23/12): Seahawks win 42-13, at Sea.
49ers Shutouts: None
Seahawks Shutouts: 2 (Last 11/12/07), Seahawks win 24-0, at Sea
|49ERS (rank)||SEAHAWKS (rank)|
|8-4 (t-2nd NFCW)||Record||11-1 (1st NFCW)|
|24.8 (t-9th)||Points per game||28.3 (2nd)|
|311.0 (28th)||Total Offense||364.3 (11th)|
|130.8 (7th)||Rushing Offense||146.2 (3rd)|
|180.3 (31st)||Passing Offense||218.2 (22nd)|
|29:59 (17th)||Possession Avg||30:07 (13th)|
|16.4 (3rd)||Points allowed/gm||15.5 (2nd)|
|311.7 (5th)||Total Defense||284.5 (1st)|
|105.5 (11th)||Rushing Defense||107.2 (13th)|
|206.2 (3rd)||Passing Defense||177.3 (1st)|
|30 (t-18th)||Sacks||34 (t-11th)|
|48.7 (2nd)||Punting Avg (Gross)||42.3 (28th)|
|+6 (t-10th)||Turnover Differential||+12 (t-2nd|