The San Francisco 49ers host Washington this weekend, looking to open up a three-game win streak. The 49ers are coming off back-to-back road wins against the New Orleans Saints and New York Giants. They now face a Washington squad that seems to be imploding from within, and is ripe for another ugly loss. Of course, the 49ers have struggled to put most anybody away, so I'm not exactly holding my breath for a huge margin of victory. Maybe they'll surprise me!
This marks the second straight season, and third time in four years these two teams have met up. The 49ers have won three straight, and under Jim Harbaugh, they have victories in Washington by scores of 19-11 (2011) and 27-6 (2013). The 49ers head into Sunday's game as favorites by between nine and 10.5-points. In San Francisco's two previous wins, they were 5.5-point favorites.
The game kicks off at 1:25 p.m. PT, and will air on CBS. The NFL and its TV partners switched things up a bit this season, opening the door for CBS and FOX to broadcast opposing conference games. Normally, CBS handles AFC games, and FOX handles NFC games, but this is one of those exceptions. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon will be calling the game on Sunday.
Series Record: 49ers lead series 19-10-1
49ers Home Record vs. Washington: 49ers lead series 11-3-1
First Meeting: 11/16/52, 49ers win 23-17, at Was.
Last Meeting: 11/25/13, 49ers win 27-6, at Was.
Current Streak: Won 3
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 7 (11/21/88 - 9/14/98)
Longest Washington Win Streak: 3 (11/11/73 - 10/29/78)
Most 49ers Points: 45 (9/14/98): 49ers win 45-10, at Was.
Most Washington Points: 38 (10/29/78): Washington win 38-20, at Was.
49ers Shutouts: None
Washington Shutouts: 1 (11/13/55), Washington win 7-0, at Was.
WR Anquan Boldin
- Recorded 5 receptions for a game-high 94 yards and 2 TDs at Was. (11/25/13).
LB Ahmad Brooks
- Registered 6 tackles, 2.0 sacks for and 1 PD at Was. (11/25/13).
RB Frank Gore
- Registered his first-career TD on a 72-yd. run vs. Was. (10/23/05).
QB Colin Kaepernick
- Threw for 235 yards and 3 TDs and a season-high 134.5 passer rating at was. (11/25/13) on ESPN's Monday Night Football.
FB Bruce Miller
- Notched his first career TD on a 30-yd. TD pass at Was. (11/6/11).
LB Aldon Smith
- Registered 2.0 sacks and 4 hits of Redskins QB Robert Griffin III at Was. (11/25/13).
DT Justin Smith
- Posted his 50th-career sack vs. Was. (12/28/08), taking down QB Jason Campbell for a 13-yd. loss, while also recording 6 tackles, 2 TFL and 1 PD.
- Registered 9 tackles, 2.0 sacks and forced a fumble by Redskins QB Robert Griffin III at Was. (11/25/13).
|49ERS (rank)||WASHINGTON (rank)|
|6-4 (t-2nd NFCW)||Record||3-6 (t-3rd NFCE)|
|21.1 (20th)||Points per game||20.4 (22nd)|
|342.8 (18th)||Total Offense||380.4 (t-7th)|
|124.8 (7th)||Rushing Offense||109.6 (16th)|
|218.0 (23rd)||Passing Offense||270.8 (7th)|
|32:58 (3rd)||Possession Avg||30:34 (12th)|
|21.2 (t-10th)||Points allowed/gm||25.6 (24th)|
|308.8 (4th)||Total Defense||332.9 (10th)|
|88.6 (6th)||Rushing Defense||104.2 (11th)|
|220.2 (4th)||Passing Defense||228.7 (10th)|
|17 (t-25th)||Sacks||25 (t-11th)|
|45.6 (9th)||Punting Avg (Gross)||47.8 (1st)|
|+10 (4th)||Turnover Differential||-11 (t-29th)|