The 2014 NFL Draft enters its final day, but we are not even halfway through in terms of picks. We had the first 100 picks Thursday and Friday, and we have 156 today. The 49ers have 7 of those picks after wheeling and dealing on Friday to add two more. Here is a rundown of their picks heading into this final day
1. First round: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
2. Second round: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
3. Third round: Marcus Martin, C/OG, USC
4. Third round: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
5. Third round: Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson
6. Fourth round: Browns (draft day trade) - No. 6 (No. 106 overall)
7. Fourth round: own - No. 29 (No. 129 overall)
8. Fifth round: Jaguars (draft day trade) - No. 10 (No. 150 overall)
9. Fifth round: own - No. 30 (No. 170 overall)
10. Sixth round: Browns (draft day trade) - No. 4 (No. 180 overall)
11. Seventh round: Panthers (Colin Jones trade) - No. 28 (No. 243 overall)
12. Seventh round: own - No. 30 - (No. 245 overall)
The 49ers addressed a lot of depth concerns on day 2, both with their four draft picks, and their trade for wide receiver Stevie Johnson. They head into the final day with a lot of flexibility to go with their plethora of picks. With seven picks, I have to think they deal at least one or two away for 2015 picks. Or maybe they package some to move up here and there. Three of their four trades on Friday involved moving down, so we'll see if the pattern holds.
We'll be back with a new thread relatively quickly since the 49ers will be picking fairly early (or at least trading that pick).