The San Francisco 49ers got a little nutty with three trades in ten minutes in the second round, but they've settled down with their first pick of the third round. The 49ers drafted USC center Marcus Martin with the sixth pick of the third round. The 49ers acquired the pick from the Jaguars in their move back from No. 61.
Martin will likely compete with Daniel Kilgore for the starting center job, but also could get some chances to compete as a reserve at the guard positions. Mike Iupati is entering his walk year, and if he wants big guard money, I could see the 49ers letting him walk. Joe Looney will compete for time at guard, but he's no sure thing. He's gotten limited run since 2012, but did look decent when he moved in after Joe Staley got hurt briefly last year.
1. First round: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
2. Second round: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
3. Third round: Marcus Martin, C/OG, USC
4. Third round: Titans (2013 draft trade) - No. 13 (No. 77 overall)
5. Third round: own - No. 30 (No. 94 overall)
6. Third round: Comp for Dashon Goldson FA departure - No. 36 (No. 100 overall)
7. Fourth round: own - No. 29 (No. 129 overall)
8. Fifth round: Jaguars (draft day trade) - No. 10 (No. 150 overall)
9. Fifth round: own - No. 30 (No. 170 overall)
10. Seventh round: Panthers (Colin Jones trade) - No. 28 (No. 243 overall)
11. Seventh round: own - No. 30 - (No. 245 overall)