The San Francisco 49ers closed out Day 2 of the 2014 NFL Draft by selecting Clemson guard Brandon Thomas. This was the 100th pick, and as a compensatory pick, the only pick the 49ers actually could not trade away. I'm sure Trent Baalke will push for a rule change on that at the next owners' meetings.
Thomas tore his ACL while working out for the New Orleans Saints last month. This means he will start the season on the NFI list, and will basically red-shirt the season. With Mike Iupati entering his walk year, Thomas will be back in 2015 to compete for work on the interior offensive line. We'll have plenty more on his injury status moving forward.
1. First round: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
2. Second round: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
3. Third round: Marcus Martin, C/OG, USC
4. Third round: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
5. Third round: Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson
6. Fourth round: Browns (draft day trade) - No. 6 (No. 106 overall)
7. Fourth round: own - No. 29 (No. 129 overall)
8. Fifth round: Jaguars (draft day trade) - No. 10 (No. 150 overall)
9. Fifth round: own - No. 30 (No. 170 overall)
10. Sixth round: Browns (draft day trade) - No. 4 (No. 180 overall)
11. Seventh round: Panthers (Colin Jones trade) - No. 28 (No. 243 overall)
12. Seventh round: own - No. 30 - (No. 245 overall)