The San Francisco 49ers open up Levi's Stadium on Sunday when they face the Denver Broncos. The stadium got a dry run for the MLS match between the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders FC, and as I understand it, they actually enforced the NFL's bag policy.
I figured now would be as good a time as any to put together a quick rundown of the NFL's bag policy, and also some Levi's Stadium rules on prohibited items. If you have a prohibited item, you will either have to return it to your car, take it to a bag check station, or toss it out. Feel free to print out or bookmark this page.
Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium (only 1 per fan):
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks,fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- Clear plastic Ziploc bags
- NFL approved bags
- Seat cushions
- Plastic bottles (sealed) and thermoses (no alcohol)
- Cameras and video equipment (no lights, tripods or monopods)
- Food and fruit (must be cut into pieces).
- Flags (No Poles)
- Umbrellas *
- Strollers **
- Diaper bags accompanying a child
- Coolers (including soft-sided coolers)
- Large purses & fanny packs larger than 6" v 4"
- Weapons of any kind (including silverware).
- Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages.
- Klaxons, bullhorns, whistles or any other noisemakers
- Laser pointers of any type
- Signs, banners or poles
- Any fan perceived to be intoxicated.
- Projectiles (footballs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Disorderly conduct or obscenity (see "CODE OF CONDUCT")
- Obscene or abusive language and / or behavior
- Offensive clothing
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks and / or gestures
- Intoxication or signs of impairment related to alcohol or drugs
- Irresponsible drinking or behavior
- Inappropriate displays of affection
- Gang activity
- Any distraction to the progress of the game
- Throwing objects of any kind
- Occupying any seat without the appropriate ticket
- Mistreatment of visiting team fans, including verbal abuse, harassment, profanity, confrontations, intimidation, or threatening behavior.