The San Francisco 49ers have a quick turnaround this week, which means an early prospector's guide! Following Sunday's win over the Baltimore Ravens, the team had to effectively begin their Week 7 preparations immediately. The 49ers host the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday Night Football. The game kicks off at 5:30 p.m. PT, and will be nationally broadcast on CBS, and simulcast on NFL Network.
The 49ers snapped their four-game losing streak, beating a pretty bad Ravens team. I'll take a win any way the 49ers can get it, but let's not pretend they just beat a solid team. The Ravens secondary is awful, and their offense is inconsistent. Colin Kaepernick built on his Week 5 effort against the Giants by putting up a strong effort against the Ravens. The question now is if he can do that against a good secondary. The Seahawks have blown fourth quarter leads in their four losses, but they still are a better secondary than that of the Giants or Ravens. And Kap has had plenty of downs to go with the ups against the Seahawks. Good or bad, Thursday's game will give us another bit of context to add to the 2015 picture.
The 49ers have an abbreviated media schedule this week. Jim Tomsula spoke on Monday, and that is the last time he speaks before Thursday's game. He will then speak immediately after the game, and again on Friday at 11:30 a.m. PT. A Seahawks player still to be determined will chat on a conference call with Bay Area media at 12:30 p.m. That will be followed by Colin Kaepernick, Eric Mangini and Geep Chryst at 12:45. The locker room will be open from 1:00-1:45, and then Pete Carroll will be on a conference call at 3:50. The team will then hit the practice field at 4:20. There will be no media availability on Wednesday.
Series Record: Seahawks lead series 18-15
49ers Home Record vs. Seahawks: 49ers lead series 8-7
First Meeting: 9/26/76, 49ers win 37-21, at Sea.
Last Meeting: 12/14/14, Seahawks win 17-7, at Sea.
Current Streak: Lost 3
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 4 (12/12/10 - 10/18/12)
Longest Seahawks Win Streak: 6 (10/12/03 - 12/11/05)
Most 49ers Points: 40 (12/12/10): 49ers win 40-21, at SF
Most Seahawks Points: 42 - 2 times, (Last 12/23/12): Seahawks win 42-13, at Sea.
49ers Shutouts: None
Seahawks Shutouts: 2 (Last 11/12/07), Seahawks win 24-0, at Sea.
WR Anquan Boldin
In 16 career games against Sea., including the postseason, he has totaled 91 receptions for 1,132 yards and 3 TDs.
Hauled in 10 passes for a game-high 122 yards and 1 TD at Sea. (12/21/03) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
Hauled in 7 passes for a game-high 107 yards and 1 TD at Sea. (12/26/04) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals. It marked his first TD of the season and 9th of his career..
As a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he hauled in 13 passes for a career-best 186 yards at Sea. (11/16/08).
Caught 8 passes for a team-high 105 yards vs. Sea. (11/15/09) as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.
Registered team-highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (93) vs. Sea. (12/8/13).
Had 5 receptions for 53 yards, including a 26-yard TD at Sea. (1/19/14) (NFC-C).
LB NaVorro Bowman
- Recorded his first career sack at Sea. (12/24/11), dropping QB Tarvaris Jackson for a 4-yard loss. • Made a career-high 19 tackles at Sea. (12/23/12).
- Registered a team-high 13 tackles and had 1.0 sack, which forced a fumble by Seahawks QB Russell Wilson vs. Sea. (12/8/13).
- Recorded a team-high 15 tackles, 1.0 sack and 1 FF at Sea. (1/19/14) (NFC-C).
CB Tramaince Brock
- Registered his first career INT, picking off QB Tarvaris Jackson to end the first half vs. Sea. (9/11/11).
LB Ahmad Brooks
- Recorded 6 tackles, 1 sack and 1 PD vs. Sea. (11/27/14). • Registered 4 tackles and 1 sack at Sea. (12/14/14).
DT Tank Carradine
- Picked up 5 tackles and registered the first two sacks of his NFL career, bring down Seahawks QB Russell Wilson twice at Sea. (12/14/14).
TE Vernon Davis
- Registered 6 receptions for 111 yards and 1 TD at Sea. (12/6/09).
- Caught 5 passes for 70 yards , including a 42-yard TD reception vs. Sea. (12/12/10).
DT Quinton Dial
- Registered a career-high 12 tackles vs. Sea. (11/27/14).
- Notched double-digit tackles for the second time in his career with 10 at Sea. (12/14/14).
QB Colin Kaepernick
- Passed for 244 yards and 1 TD at Sea. (12/23/13). Also rushed 7 times for 31 yards
- Rushed for a game-high 130 yards on 11 carries at Sea. (1/19/14) (NFC-C). He recorded a 58-yard run, marking the longest rush by a QB in NFL postseason history.
LB Aaron Lynch
- Registered 4 tackles and added 1.0 sack of Seahawks QB Russell Wilson vs. Sea. (11/27/14).
S Eric Reid
- Recorded 3 tackles and a career-long 73-yard INT return at Sea. (12/14/14).
|49ERS (rank)||SEAHAWKS (rank)|
|2-4 (t-3rd NFCW)||Record||2-4 (t-3rd NFCW)|
|16.7 (32nd)||Points per game||22.3 (t-17th)|
|321.2 (30th)||Total Offense||352.3 (14th)|
|118.3 (12th)||Rushing Offense||137.8 (2nd)|
|202.8 (29th)||Passing Offense||214.5 (27th)|
|28:38 (26th)||Possession Avg||29:46 (19th)|
|26.7 (25th)||Points allowed/gm||20.8 (11th)|
|409.0 (31st)||Total Defense||319.5 (4th)|
|102.8 (15th)||Rushing Defense||99.7 (13th)|
|306.2 (32nd)||Passing Defense||219.8 (5th)|
|9 (t-24th)||Sacks||13 (t-10th)|
|43.5 (25th)||Punting Avg (Gross)||47.6 (8th)|
|-2 (t-19th)||Turnover Differential||+2 (t-13th)|