Welcome to Week 12! The San Francisco 49ers are back in action Sunday afternoon hosting the Arizona Cardinals at Levi's Stadium. The 49ers are 3-7, while the Cardinals are 8-2 and coming off back-to-back huge wins over the Cincinnati Bengals and Seattle Seahawks.
The 49ers currently hold the No. 6 pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, but with six weeks of football remaining, plenty will change. They entered Thanksgiving with the sixth pick, climbed to fifth following the Detroit Lions victory, and then slipped back down to the sixth pick following the Dallas Cowboys loss. Here is how the draft order currently looks, with the strength of schedule for each team listed last. Thanks to Scott Carasik for putting this together.
1. Cleveland Browns (2-8) - .500
2. San Diego Chargers (2-8) - .515
3. Tennessee Titans (2-8) - .522
4. Dallas Cowboys (3-8) - .537
5. Baltimore Ravens (3-7) - .494
6. San Francisco 49ers (3-7) - .534
7. Detroit Lions (4-7) - .515
8. Philadelphia Eagles (4-7) - .524
9. Miami Dolphins (4-6) - .475
10. Oakland Raiders (4-6) - .485
11. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-6) - .491
12. Washington (4-6) - .500
13. St. Louis Rams (4-6) - .509
14. New Orleans Saints (4-6) - .533
15. Chicago Bears (5-6) - .512
We have three games done thanks to the Thanksgiving tripleheader. The Cowboys and Lions wrapped up, leaving a handful of notable matchups. I think the Titans could give the Raiders a tough matchup, and an upset would certainly help the 49ers. I don't think the Titans are going to win very many more games, but this is a winnable game for them. The Ravens-Browns Monday Night Football matchup benefits the 49ers either way. Well, assuming the 49ers lose. The 49ers would either move past a winning Ravens squad, or move into a tie with the Browns and Ravens, with a matchup against the Browns still to be played.
Here is the schedule of games featuring teams ahead, or one game back of the 49ers. I've bolded teams we are rooting for in Week 12.
Raiders (4-6) @ Titans (2-8)
Giants (5-5) @ Washington (4-6)
Saints (4-6) @ Texans (5-5)
Rams (4-6) @ Bengals (8-2)
Dolphins (4-6) @ Jets (5-5)
Ravens (3-7) @ Browns (2-8)