The San Francisco 49ers won a wild one in Chicago on Sunday, beating the Bears 26-20 on an overtime touchdown pass. The win improved the 49ers to 4-8 on the season, and they are now tied with the St. Louis Rams at the bottom of the NFC West.
It was a fun win, but obviously there are also implications for the 2016 NFL Draft order. Following the AM games, the 49ers drop from No. 5 to No. 7. The 49ers are currently tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, and Detroit Lions. The 3-8 San Diego Chargers, 4-7 Philadelphia Eagles, and 4-7 New Orleans Saints are playing right now, while the 3-8 Dallas Cowboys play on Monday Night Football.
The strength of schedule will still change plenty as we get through the afternoon games. The 49ers actually won't change at all with these afternoon games because they have not played and will not play any of the eight teams currently playing. The Colts and Steelers play tonight, so we should be rooting for the Colts.
In the meantime, the 49ers are still looking at a pretty solid draft pick. I have made it clear I like the idea of a higher draft pick, but I also really enjoyed the end of the game. I can live with the lost draft position when we see something that wild.
1. Cleveland Browns (2-10) - .527
2. Tennessee Titans (3-9) - .505
3. San Diego Chargers (3-8) - .519
4. Dallas Cowboys (3-8) - .530
5. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-8) - .495
6. Baltimore Ravens (4-8) - .500
7. San Francisco 49ers (4-8) - .524
8. St. Louis Rams (4-8) - .526
9. Detroit Lions (4-8) - .527
10. Philadelphia Eagles (4-7) - .514
11. New Orleans Saints (4-7) - .516