Making the stadium experience worth the visit is one of the goals of Levi's Stadium, the San Francisco 49ers and their hospitality partner Centerplate. (Yes, I'm still reminded of Des Hague too.) There are currently so many other ways to watch your favorite team that stadiums must provide unique experiences to lure people into the stands. With this in mind, there have been more than 25 new items added to the menu at Levi's for the 2015 football season.
On the field level new items include the dungeness crab on grilled sourdough sandwich that is pictured above, pulled pork or seafood nachos and chicken and waffles! On the suite level it gets even fancier with crab fondue served in a sourdough bread bowl, grilled Castroville artichokes, a raw seafood bar (mussels, crab, oysters and prawns) and even an international and domestic cheese platter.
There will be additional local craft beers added to the beverage selection but the specific breweries have not been disclosed. (I will post what I find on Sunday in the comments) All of the 200 plus wine varietals will be from Napa, Sonoma and Santa Cruz and salads will include ingredients from Northern California farms.
No indication on what the prices will be for these new items, but you can probably guess that crab fondue won't be cheap. Hopefully the old Candlestick staple of garlic fries are still on the menu and haven't gone up in price too much. Here is a full list of the new items:
- Fresh Dungeness Crab Sandwich on Grilled Sourdough Bread
- Chicken and Waffle, Buffalo Chicken and Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork or Seafood Nachos
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Sandwiches with House-Smoked Pork
- Asian Barbeque Rice Bowl
- Crab Fondue: Served in a sourdough bread bowl with a sliced baguette, GruyeÌre cheese and baby spinach
- Grilled Castroville Artichokes: Served with charred lemon, garlic aioli and fresh chives
- Little Gem Wedge Salad: Salinas Valley Sucrine lettuce topped with bacon lardons, crumbled bleu cheese, marinated tomatoes and green goddess dressing
- International & Domestic Cheese Platter: Cellars Clothbound, Moliterno Truffle, Petit Basque, Cascadia and Beemster Gouda with specialty crackers and Melba toast
- Raw Bar: Fresh mussels, crab claws, pacific oysters and jumbo prawns, accompanied by horseradish cocktail sauce and lemon wedges
- Lavash Chips & Dips: Roasted red pepper hummus, tzatziki and baba ghanoush
- Chicken Tinga Tacos: Breast meat braised with tomato and chipotle peppers and sauteìed onions & bell peppers accompanied by fire roasted salsa, cilantro & onions, red jalapenÞos, Cotija cheese, sour cream and soft flour tortillas
- Vegetable Samosas: Golden fried pastries filled with spiced potatoes, onions and peas. Served with mango and cilantro chutneys
- Flat Bread Trio: Margherita - Local Stanislaus tomato sauce, mozzarella, heirloom tomato, basil and whole milk mozzarella. Mediterranean - Feta, mixed olives, grilled artichokes and roasted peppers. Meat Lover's - Prosciutto, bacon, salami and Italian sausage
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork: Fried pickle chips, bourbon-barbeque sauce and Sweety Drop peppers. Served with apple-jalapenÞo coleslaw and freshly baked slider buns
- Heirloom Carrot Cake: Mascarpone cream cheese frosting