The second day of 2016 NFL Combine workouts is almost finished, and we are starting to see some results for quarterbacks, wide receivers, and tight ends. Quarterbacks were the first group to run the 40, and we are seeing the official times after two runs for each player.
One bit of bad news is that Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones injured his hamstring running his second 40. He has said he is likely shutting it down for the rest of the day. This means no more drills, which I believe includes the throwing portion of the day. He will look to get healthy for the Ohio State Pro Day on March 11.
In the meantime, here are the top 40 times for quarterbacks, officially official. Vernon Adams ran a 4.83, Jared Goff ran a 4.82, and Paxton Lynch ran an unofficial 4.87. As always, you can continue tracking 40 times and other workout results here. Players have also been going through their throwing drills. We'll keep an eye out for updates on that.
40 yard dash
1. Jeff Driskel, Louisiana Tech - 4.56
2. Trevone Boykin, TCU - 4.77
2. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State - 4.77
4. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State - 4.78
4. Kevin Hogan, Stanford - 4.78
6. Connor Cook, Michigan State - 4.79
6. Dak Prescott, Mississippi State - 4.79
8. Joel Stave, Wisconsin - 4.80
8. Josh Woodrum, Liberty - 4.80
10. Cardale Jones, Ohio State - 4.81