The 2016 NFL Draft is six days away, and the top of the board was shaken up significantly over the last week. The Los Angeles Rams traded for the No. 1 pick, and the Philadelphia Eagles traded for the No. 2 pick. It all but guarantees quarterbacks will go first and second. And it opens the door for intriguing talent to potentially slip to the San Francisco 49ers.
Adam Stites has updated his SB Nation mock draft database, reflecting only mock drafts that include the Rams and Eagles at the top. His pie charts help us visualize what people are projecting for the various teams, so we are back to look at the top seven to see what it might mean for the 49ers.
After the first two picks, we don't have anybody getting a majority of votes, just a plurality. That reflects the questions that revolve around the four defensive players and Laremy Tunsil. Myles Jack has the biggest questions due to reports on his knee recovery. Jalen Ramsey does not end up on any time because he is coming in second for three different teams. Obviously he will go in the top seven, likely third or fourth.
1. Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff, QB, California - 73.7%
2. Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - 73.7%
3. San Diego Chargers: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss - 47.4% (Jalen Ramsey 39.5%)
4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State - 44.7% (Jalen Ramsey - 28.9%, Ezekiel Elliott 18.4%)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Myles Jack, ILB, UCLA - 42.1% (Jalen Ramsey 28.9%, Joey Bosa 18.4%)
6. Baltimore Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DT, Oregon - 26.3% (Laremy Tunsil first, Joey Bosa 13.3%)
7. San Francisco 49ers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame - 25.9% (DeForest Buckner first, Paxton Lynch 15.8%)